problems with flmm and crossfire

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cryzis.

• ok, so i have a fresh instal of freelancer on a windows 7 laptop. i launch the flmm 1.3, then try to load crossfire after choosing my options, it loads about half way and then flmm stops responding. any ideas?

• Your problem is due to a corrupt installment of your game and mod. Here's a way of how to fix it:

1. Download this software: http://www.revouninstaller.com…taller_free_download.html
    2. Uninstall Freelancer with Revo Uninstaller and after it finishes , if it asks you for restart , refuse and DON'T! close the Revo uninstaller window. You'll see that there's an option to scan for leftover files after its uninstall. Scan for leftover files afterwards and delete everything it finds.
    3. Uninstall Freelancer Mod Manager from its folder (you'll see 2 uninstallers , use them both in the same order , first the upper and then the bottom one obviously).
    4. Restart your PC after that and then use a cleaner such as " CCleaner , Advanced SystemCare... or other"(both are free) in order to clean up the other mess after that.

5. Install Freelancer and restart your PC
    6. Install Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31
    7. Install Crossfire 1.9 in the same folder of the FLMM as the mod is getting installed within the Freelancer Mod Manager while your AntiVirus is DISABLED until everything is installed(the game , the mod and its activation)
    8. Activate it and ignore the " Not responding window " (if it shows up).
    9. After its activation , right mouse click on the FL icon , Properties/Compatibility/and choose Run it under Windows XP SP3 and also check the " Run it as Administrator ". You can also change the FL icon to the CF one from the " Icon " section in the Properties. If it can't be changed, then you'll have to do it manually.
    10. Run the game and wait for its updates to finish downloading (for both SP & MP)
    11. Good Luck

Edited 3 times, last by Cryzis: Edited ().