Fixed old SATA 500GB Harddrive.:)

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BlackWing.

• On further inspection of the Hard Drive I found that the plastic L joint on the sata port on the Hard Drive was broken.
    So I fixed it with the following, epoxy, thermal paste cleaner and a upside down L joint sata cable.
    I found this method out by accident, lol.:D
    I was trying to hold in the old sata cable at a 90 degree angle so I tried gluing the sata cable on top of the old sata Hard Drive with epoxy which didn't work and some of the epoxy had fallen onto the sata port on the Hard Drive. I then waited for it to go slightly hard then cleaned the pins on the sata port on the old sata Hard Drive with thermal paste cleaner (expensive not cheap stuff) and tried my other sata hard drive's upside down L joint sata cable and I'll be damned it worked!!!!
    So I grabbed a new upside down L joint sata cable, stuck the other in my new current sata hard drive and put the new upside down L joint sata cable in the old sata Hard Drive and luckily both sata Hard Drives are now detected but I am free standing the old sata Hard Drive without being screwed in, just being held by the lower Hard Drive bay and the extra length of the cables shoved on top of the old sata Hard Drive. :thumbup:

[video]

[/video]

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.

Edited once, last by BlackWing: Edit ().

• So did you actually place, and are using that HDD upside down ? And not fixed to anything, free to roam inside there ?

I have a feeling it won't last long :P

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• No the HDD bay's have rails and the upside down sata L joint cable means I can have it sitting upwards not upside down.;)

Current System
    Tagan BZ Series 800 Watt Power Supply Unit,
    AsRock P55 Pro/USB3 Motherboard,
    Antec full ATX tower case,
    Tranquillo CPU Cooler,
    Intel Core i3 530@4.00Ghz.:D
    8GB of DDR3,
    SATA Samsung HD753LJ 750GB Hard drive,
    SATA Samsung HD501LJ 500GB Hard drive,
    XFX ATI Radeon 5870 with Arctic Cooler GPU cooler.