Ship Cost Singleplayer + Windowed Mode?

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by AzureCrow.

• Alright so I'm playing Crossfire Singleplayer and cannot help but notice that alot of the ships cost millions early on in the game..

Is it supposed to be like that?? How the hell am I supposed to earn that much....

On another note, is there any way at all to make Crossfire play in windowed mode? I'd really prefer to play Crossfire SP in windowed mode. Its just how I play all my games.

Edited 2 times, last by AzureCrow: Clarification. ().

• Hi AzureCrow!

Yes CF ships and equipment are expensive, but be sure - they are worth spending that much.
    One of the easiest and fastest ways to earn a lot of money is doing missions and collecting escape pods in order to sell them to prisons, i.e.

One prison is not listed as that would be a spoiler, you will find it eventually when doing CF singleplayer campaign.

High-ranked missions provide a good income on their own (nearly 1 million per mission) and help you get more valuable escape pods (Lieutenant and Fighter Ace = $100.000 and $150.000) but you will need a decent Very Heavy Fighter (VHF) for those. Fortunately, not all VHFs cost millions - there are five affordable ships you can begin with: three VHFs from original Freelancer (Sabre, Titan, Eagle) + two Eagle modifications (Pink Eagle and Black Eagle). First three can be found on their original places and on many CF stations (usually together), Black Eagle is available on Planet Blood in Custodian system for $558.550 - that's next to New York (try looking for unknown jumpgates near Rochester Base), and Pink Eagle :blerg: ...is on Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta for the same price, as well as on Planet Malta in Omicron Alpha. I recommend that you start with Black Eagle (when you have enough money earned on low-level missions), it's cheap, fast and easy to get.

Hope this small piece of advice helps... :rolleyes: If something is missing, don't hesitate to ask.

P.S. Windowed mode is not supported - that's what I found after a bit of searching the forum. :) Please don't forget we have this wonderful feature!