Doom 3 & mods

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• So yeah, I wanna play Doom 3 again; any mods you'd recommend, aside from Perfected Doom 3 mod?

I need that one to get the lights on the damn weapons (if I'm gonna shit my pants from being scared, I'll do it with mounted flashlights) :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Whoooo! Don't forget Quake 4 too! :thumbsup:

There are a number of really great and promising mods out there Shockwave, however most are still incomplete or in early stages like Classic Doom 3, Doom Reborn (Doom "remastered"), Wolfenstein 3D Mod, Quake II: Lost Marine, Hexen: Edge Of Chaos and Into Cerberon (Descent remake).

If you're just looking to "upgrade" Doom III and get some weapons lights, yea Perfected Doom 3 will certainly do. Happy zombie killin'! :thumbsup:

• Uuuu those sound fuuun...

Yeah, first I'll try to play the game via the "light" mod only, I forgot it, but later I'd like to try some of these, they look and sound promising (and I know Doom engine and released SDK make a lot of things possible). ;)

• Based on the premise that *somewhere* on Mars is a roll of duct tape, I use the duct tape mod for the shotgun. My one beef with Doom 3 is lack of lighting. I understand that electrical systems are failing and such but when I first played it, I didn't realized what intense graphical detail they put into the game...it was just too dark to see. I've reinstalled Doom 3 again now that I have a computer that will play it on full maxxed out resolution and graphics. Thanks SW, for the reminder of what a cool game it is. :D I've also been playing a few other oldie moldie games that I've had sitting on the shelf for quite a few years like Mechwarrior 4, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowwind and even the original Unreal and Unreal Tournament. Maybe we should make a retro gaming thread! :) Raise your hand if you have games on floppy disks or diskettes! *raises hand*

• Yeah, this is all very nice, but the fuckin' thing wouldn't start due to my old graphics card and the drivers I'm using (some Open GL shit). Now I'm sad.