Freelancer Graphics Issue

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• My game (Crossfire 1.9) starts normally and runs fine until the first time I get to Pittsburg. The screen is then covered in light bloom, then it recedes to reveal stars that flash light beams all over the screen. Very attractive looking rave party, but not good for gaming. From that point onward, all lights in the game behave this way and the all consuming bloom returns occasionally.
    I'm running a Dell i7 laptop with a Geforce GT 525M 1GB DDR3. My max resolution is 1366x768 16:9. I've used the 16:9 recommended edits of freelancer.ini, cameras.ini etc.
    I've read some threads that say a dust cloud there, so perhaps that is the problem.
    A recommendation if you please good sirs/madams? Perhaps some better 16:9 widescreen settings if that's causing the problem.
    Any help would be appreciated

• The settings are apparently correct, but, have you updated your grapich card's driver ?

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Every now and then I have a simaller visual affect.
    I minimize the game and then maximize it again and that seems to get rid of it. I not then I exit and restart the game.

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Hi Angel_Ash!
    Can you remember which advanced shader option you chose when activating the mod? My experience was the same when I enabled the "color correction by Huor" option, but with just "activated" it works fine. I'm using an ATI graphic card though...

You could also try following these instructions to make Freelancer recognize your hardware, but it hasn't yet been proven to help in such cases, so you will be the first to check. :) Good luck!

• Updating the graphics drivers removed most of the issues, getting the game to recognize the hardware sorted out the rest. Thanks alot!