CTD when switching chars

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by /V\ichael.

• It have been reported several times already... but now I seen a way to avoid the CTD.

It only crashes when you change your ID before loging out of the server. If you first disconnect from the server, then change the ID, then enter, it won't crash.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I use only one single account, having no ID-switching programs even installed, and still do have CTDs sometimes when I press "select new character" or "crossfire main menu".

• You select those options while being docked, right ?

Well, that happens but rarely as I think..

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• That's something wrong at your install or compatibility with your graphic card/driver, it should only be "few times" if it was by some game bugs.

Anyway, that's a different problem...