Singleplayer Suggestions

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SA_ARROW.

• Hi,

this is my first post on this forums. However i follow your mod since some time and really enjoyed it. However the last version brought some changes who makes it sometimes really hard to play or like the SP.

My first problems are the multiplayer-only-parts who have sometimes a very negative impact on the singleplayer mode:
    1. There are planets with nearly every weapon or equipment on it like arena or things like this. I didn't notice it at the first time but this is a real big hit to the singleplayer immersion an gameplay fun. The search for new equipment was a big source of fun in freelancer.
    1a. I know Crossfire is a multiplayer mod. There are clan systems everywhere. But if you're interested in the perspective of a player who really likes the singleplayer-part of freelancer who love the game especially in cause of its immersive game universe and atmosphere i want to tell you, that this clan tags, planets and regions are not really good for the immersion. No offense to you and your clans. But think a moment about someone who does not have the slightest clue about your clans. It's a little bit strange to fly into space if you don't know: is this solar system even of interest or is it the home of a clan and has no singleplayer content at all? Also some of the systems are not really freelancer like. Some have strange, not really immersive names. Some of them have a very fancy but also not very natural look.
    1b. Clan System are often populated by pirates that kill you with one shot.
    Suggestion 1: Would it be possible to make an option in the installer that allow us single-players to install a version of the game where jump gates to such systems are just deactivated or invisible? Systems like Arena are destroying SP Balance(weapons and equipment ist also ultra cheap compared to the money we can make), Clan Systems are clan systems and have nothing really interesting to offer for SP. I also think it would be better to close them in SP because you can easily gather intel on your enemies hideout without the risk of being discovered. This kind of scouting should be a part of the mp and not possible in sp.

2. I really like the bigger money requirements and such things to level up. It really improves the open world sandbox feeling of freelancer. However: there are some times during the storyline where you get into big money-trouble. You can't enter many stations for effective trading and you cant reach any prison. It would be nice to have a source of money which is mediocre but everywhere availabe:
    2b. Asteroid Mining seems not to be very worthwhile. Most of the time i get only scrap metal or other ore which isn't compareable at all to the income you can produce with escape pods or trade routes.
    Suggestion: Asteroid and Debris Fields are everywhere. It would be nice if you could increase the drop rate of precious minerals and components by a big degree, to get a source of income which is also usable when u r the enemy of everyone during the storyline.

3. The general money balancing is a little bit strange in SP. Why is equipment, weaponry and even most ships so cheap? At level 5 i had already about 2 Million Credits. But most usable ships are costing only about 20k, 25k. And the equipment is even cheaper. This takes the feeling that i've accomplished something when i buy a new ship completly out of the game. Again this feels a little bit like cheating. At level 5 i already can buy the biggest standard-FL-ships like the Titan oder Sabre. There is no progress at all.
    Suggestion: increase the price of standard equipment/ships by the factor 5-10 for SP. I would tend to 10. 5 is still too cheap.

I really hope you are still interested in the single player part of the game. There are so many things who improve the gameplay experience but only few who have a harder than necessary negative impact on the gameplay. It would be nice to adjust them a bit. I think this would make crossfire with ease the best singleplayer mod for freelancer. Ok, i think it's already the best. :P But i think it would be even better! :D

Thanks for reading and best regards,

Kulin

• 1. It's been announced that weapons will be limited/removed from arena and outpost's (and whatever else they are sold in bulk).
    1a. It's been announced that clan billboards will not show up in SP.
    1b. NPC's have nothing to do with clans. Clan owned or not systems have pretty much the same gameplay value.

2. You can always reach a prison.
    2b. Mining adjustments have been announced.

3. Don't have correct info to answer it. tho' in vanilla I never run out of money, so a few million more doesn't really make a difference.

If you followed 1.9 development you'd know for sure that developers are interested in SP.

• to answer Q#3 :
    There will be a total rebalance of the SP at low lever and probably you won't be able to make 2M at level 5. Like Lost Heaven, i suggest you read the Crossfire 1.9 Changes thread !

• @ whining about low cash needed to buy equipment. Try buying a fully upgraded redemption with alien weapons in Open SP.

Redemption: 20M (best shield included)
    Armor: 10M
    Scanner: 10M
    Best tractor: 5M
    Best power generator: 10M
    Best shield upgrade: 10M
    Best thruster: 10M

Equals to 75M.

Sure, it's so frigging easy to earn 75M by pod hunting, right?

• 750 pods ... lts

2-3 nights work ...

kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• think will be better if upgrade will be cost in geometrical progression. Like this.
    1st level armor cost - 50 000
    2nd - 100 000
    3rd - 200 000
    4 - 400 000
    5 - 1 000 000
    6 - 2 000 000
    7 - 4 000 000
    8 - 8 000 000
    9 - 16 000 000
    10 - 32 000 000 (9 and 10 level most be used on a BS and if player use BS why he pay not so many for armor 10 lvl...for fighter this is not important 7 or 10 lvl...but for BS - very important)
    in this scheme do the other upgrades,like the upgrade for shield and generator upgrade.
    +/- 1 mil not so very important...and all takes offcourse 10 lvl...2 - 3 nobody use...

and weapons (guns) all i thinks must cost 2 or 3 times more.