Operation Maasai

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• *** Public Relations, PX Bretonia Corporate Branch, New London Office ***

From: Sir Aidan Westington, Ph.D., Professor and Head of Department of Xenobiology, Cambridge University; Admiral Stephen Crenshaw, First Space Lord of the Armed Forces
    To: {Zoners Universal Communication Relais Network "Spamalot", Freeport 10, Tau-37}

Subject: Emergency Sampling Expedition

Cambridge University has issues a public plead, asking all freelancers and clan-members, regardless of occupation, to assist in obtaining crucial data on the Nomad threat that currently plagues the outlying systems. Armed Forces support Cambridge University's requests, as the intelligence value of the mission is invaluable to the military efforts.

Primary objective: MAPPING
    Royal Stellar Cartography Bureau issued a demand for a detailed map on layout of systems currently marked as Unknown (Alpha), Unknown (Gamma), Unknown (Blue), Unknown (Orange) and Unknown (Nebula). Deep Space Engineering also issued an addendum, requesting up-to-date readings on the current location of elusive Lost Paradise jumphole, as well as sensor readings gathered while scanning it (Physics department needs these scans to verify or dispute current theories on "jumping" wormholes). Also, if the fleet reaches system codenamed Lost Paradise, they are to map it aswell.

Secondary objective: SAMPLING
    Fleet is required to engage any encountered Nomad forces for the purpose of gathering intelligence on their fighting tactics and military biohardware. Any equipment dropped by the destroyed forces must be brought to planet Cambridge for disassembly and analysis. Should any Nomad structure be found in any of the systems, it too must be destroyed and samples gathered.

Tertiary objective: INTELLIGENCE
    Recent scout observations confirmed the deployment of two heavy Nomad ship classes, codenamed Haunt and Leech. Any informations on these ships (visual, sensor readings, weapon vectors) would greatly benefit any ship venturing into the Unknowns.

Expedition's scheduled start is on Sunday, March 27th at 16:00 h (server time). Meeting point is in Omicron Alpha system, at planet Malta (Lucy The Pirate Night Club, District 6).

*** End of Communique ***

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

Edited 3 times, last by Shockwave ().

• nice mission :thumbup:

- Rear-Admiral Elodie Vox -

-- -- Visit Us!

• infos updated, sunday

• Bwuahaha, nice Lucy reference Shockwave. :D I think we all miss the ole pie-rat wench. :roflmao:

I'm in like Flynn if I get my servertime calculations right,(and I'm able to be there on time) even if this "playground" has been stomped across already... :thumbsup:

It's not the Inner Core, but it's just as challenging sometimes, it's a good way for new players to explore the Unknowns as well, great idea dewd! :thumbup:

• RP-OFF : Lucy The Pirate Night Club => is the owner someone we know ??? :D :P

Nooo, what makes you say that... :bohsw:

Yeah, I thought it's been a while people went there, so we should pay the Nomads a little visit... :bveryevilplan:

• I might take part in this as well. But I`m unable to dock at Planet Malta, you know, last time I was at that club I was a bit too "bad", so now the outcasts dislike me :(

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:
    In-game characters: (IOC)Tyrael, (IOC)HimejiFortress

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” Sun Tzu

• Tyrael, dammit, there's a nice warning above the bar - do not drink green glowing beverages! They had to rebuild that entire city block after that incident... :bohsw: Aaaanyway, it's in 2.5 hours.

• Was very nice event Shockwave :thumbsup:

I will transmit you all gathered data once I have it reviewed and analysed ;)
    (let me know if you prefer raw video files or uploaded links)

-- -- Visit Us!

• Recode the video or put it on Youtube (no music so all can see). Pics are welcome here. :)
    Nice event guys, we sure kicked Nommies asses today. :)

• UR Nomad Pacification Squadron reports as follows:
    * uncountable ammounts of shot down Nomad fightercrafts
    * heavy losses in Nomad perimeter defense fleets
    * 1 pilot MIA in LP

I was able to make it to the end at OG and I want to congratulate PX on mission success. The intelligence gathered in this operation shows, that Nomad threat is not over yet and we have encountered very heavy resistance in Unknown systems. Heavy in-field deployment of Nomad capital ships suggests that immediate conflict might be at hand.

Our intelligence photos will be posted in this thread later.

Verbose Can Opener
    United Rebels Nomad Pacification Squadron

• Here are some screenshots:

-- -- Visit Us!

• so. here are some screens I made :)

unfortunately I didn't make any videos :)

• Seems like you had tons of fun ^^ I was outside with a friend and didn't manage to take part, my apologies for that. Looking forward to the next 'operation', hopefully I`ll be able to get some weapons :P

Proud member of the Independent Operators' Consortium ever since day 1 in Crossfire. :herz:

• Seems like you had tons of fun ^^ I was outside with a friend and didn't manage to take part, my apologies for that. Looking forward to the next 'operation', hopefully I`ll be able to get some weapons :P

I still have 4 blasters stored in my GR, if you need them.

• I still have 4 blasters stored in my GR, if you need them.

4 nomads blasters ? Naah, on my trip to Altair yesterday I got myself some Phoenix Project Cannons ;)

Seems that those weapons aren't being used anymore but they are working great with Gatts and I definitely enjoy them ^^