Copy Installation Failure (Ghost Issue)

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Crysis.

• Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn')

I have tried reinstalling Crossfire, running in Admin for both FLMM and the Crossfire installation, and just about had it. The integrity check says the installer is fine, however, this mission isn't copying over. Not sure if it's missing or not, but would like some input. So far this is the only error I've encountered and it's right around the end of the load-up, everything else seems to work EXCEPT this. Anyway, I'm hoping someone can give me clear input on this or provide a file I can throw in and try to use as a replacement. Hope to fly around soon as I intend to get some of my old skills dusted off and jump into the melee.

• If there is an flmmbak file already which have to be overridden - you are not following the proper install method which is:

Deinstall Freelancer and delete or rename the ..\MyDocuments\MyGames\Freelancer path.
    Install Freelancer
    Install FLMM 1.3 (do not use 1.4)
    Install CF
    Activate CF (that will take some time)

Let the Game patch itself via the launcher
    Open the Game and deactivate 3D sound

Play the Game

Click the image above to visit us.

• seems he is playing the game and has no time to answer :)

• Howdy all, I was having the same issue as Cruacious.
    I followed all the instructions listed, and now the mod won't even activate, FLMM freezes up about halfway through. I have tried uninstalling FL and FLMM multiple times, and nothing seems to work. I seem to remember there being an update to 1.82 that I used, but can't find it or any mention of there being one.

The strange part is that I had Crossfire working a few days ago but I had to uninstall everything due to another mod screwing up freelancer.

Any Ideas?

• One week ago i made a new install on another machine, downloaded the 1.82 package from SWAT before and everything was working fine - i still remember an old machine of mine when 1.7 was actual, for some reasons FLMM needed ages to copy the files into the FL directory - try and give it more (maybe much more) time but under all circumstands download a fresh package and don´t forget that the install needs admin rights if you are on vista or 7.

http://www.swat-portal.com/php…ownloadDBData&dataID=1065

• ok, Ive been using the same original download to try reinstalling it, I'm downloading a new copy and will try again... *crosses fingers and toes*

• D'oh!!!

I have a new error now!

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.82 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\pi_pirate5_head.dfm.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA\characters\heads\_pi_pirate5_head.dfm')
    --------------------