FL CF Video Card Problem

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• Specs:

Asus 5620, Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1.5 Ghz, 667 mhz FSB, 2 mb L2 cache
    252 Mb Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
    1 Gb DDR2

Problem:

I uninstall and erase everything relating to CF and FL, then proceed with a clean installation of FL, FLMM and CF. FL plays ok, there's no prob. Activate CF from FLMM (and check the option "Old graphic cards")and then the loader comes up, it updates itself, I hit Multiplayer and then I get a black screen with the following error:

"Freelancer did not detect a capable 3d videocard on your system. Restart or reinstal the game."

Restarted, nothing changed. Re-installed the game and no change.

Question:

How can I get past that?

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• Dunno update video card driver? Or you have such a new card that its not supported or properly recognized by FL. There were patches to include other hardwares - but as far as i remember this wasnt updated since years.

I once had this problem too and could play CF just by ignoring this error. Strange. Install and all this has been done by you... hm...

signature.png

• It's not that error that could could just dismiss by pressing "ok, ignore and continue" option...it is more like a "fatal error".<br><br>Later EDIT: Re-installed driver, problem solved.<br>

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

Edited once, last by StephanoV ().