Crashing to desktop with freelancer "opened" in a empty window, doing nothing.

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• I know I didnt post here before, im pretty new to FL and CF anyway.

Well anyhow, CF 1.82 has been running without any problems so far until yesterday.

I was able to connect to the swat crossfire server today without probs, load my char in nephele etc. However, after it was done connecting and I see my ship on the landing pad, all the lightsources turned into funky glowing squares, the overall graphics seem to be turned down a bit as well. I checked it in the options, no settings got changed.

Afterwards I got back onto the server and decided to launch into space. The "loading crossfire datafiles" screen appears, then FL crashes to the desktop. FL was still "opened" in a window, it was just empty, meaning just a "frame" basically, had to force FL to quit via killing the freelancer.exe process.

Restarted the comp, then checked if there was another freelancer.exe process already running.

I didnt really find anything whilst using the search function on here, so...please help, if possible?

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by Pimperator ().

• Glad to hear it works fine now mate :) Seems everything needs some reinstall periods... for some PCs they survive longer, on some, less... but well, that's how you learn :)

Sry I ... didn't noticed this thread yesterday, even at the hour you posted it I was asleep.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis