? need help

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Marauder.

• Is there anyone out there? OP seems to give us a chance...where are you? ?(8o [11] Now get in your ships and fly...quit worrying about the end of the world....that not till 2012 anyways [8] No more excuses and ( [4] )....get in pilot mode and fly!!!!

Likely last message started by Marauder
    Hope you prove me wrong
    Cya in space....if not it's been nice knowing you all

Marauder out

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Wooo, I agree! Quit bitchin' and start... pitchin'... in?

Anyway, you get the picture. :D

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Never again. Thanks to OP for 3 fine years. No reason for all this crap on the players. We were doing just fine. Goodbye community.

• Have you ever thought just a single time how much crap the admin of this forum had to take from you all those years? I came back to this place after a very long time and what do I see here? Players offending each other, putting blames on others, even breaking the rules.
    If you call this "we are doing just fine" then it is MUCH better if you leave and never return. I wonder why you think to have the right to put the blame on a person which has done almost everything for this community and it's members for years meanwhile.
    OP-R8R has done a decision that was based on the players behaviour. Your reaction is the best example to prove this decision right.

100 of you can not do what that guy has achieved and done for the players. He has given us a chance, a chance that we can use or let pass. Nobody but us are responsible for the future of this place, for the success or the fail. The ones not willing to help should be denied to benefit from the work of the others which did their part to help this community (which is my personal oppinion since a working community does not need members acting like parasites and people constantly turning down the morale).

If you are not willing to use the next few weeks to fight for this place then leave now and never return. I am sorry if I stepped over the line but the attitude that I see here deserves nothing but honest words.

• **** *** noob

Originally posted by SMG_Diablo
    Never again. Thanks to OP for 3 fine years. No reason for all this crap on the players. We were doing just fine. Goodbye community.

Diablo, please do not pose those sort of comments. There are still people trying to salvage this situation. You may think it is hopeless and you may be right, but that's not a reason to make it harder for those that still want to help.

Edit:

Originally posted by SMG_Diablo
    **** *** noob

As co-leader of SMG, I tell you to stop this now or face the consequences. This is not the behaviour that is expected of a member of SMG.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• The situation is not hopeless, not even hard. We were given a chance, we were asked to do what we should have done long time ago already. Nothing impossible, just ordinary tasks, just normal civilized behaviour.
    Diablo, for such comments you would have been banned on most other FL communities. Such posts are probably even reason for all these problems here. Poisoning, demotivating and offending comments which have no other purpose than to harm somebody. If you don't want to contribute something constructive then stay out and go somewhere else.

• sometimes i would appreciate if the moderators could intervene in such things...
    Diablo - pls stay calm and voice you sorrows on the SMG Boards. Please let other try to maintain this place and try to give the community a place for playing and sharing their thought. Because all this will not be here very long if we dont manage to solve the problems.

And indeed your current comments do not help in anyway.
    Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
    Huor

• Yes, if there is any moderator active, please clean up this tread.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• Well BOTH sides just lack tolerance right here.
    Diablo sure has his reasons to be angry. If he says goodbye, respect that.
    Dont know why this new guy had to try convincing him that his reasons are wrong.
    Then again the answer was way to harsh again, that was no criticism, that was an insult.

Thread should be closed as a bad example or deleted for good.

• In the means of keeping coolness in this matter i wont say anything about the contraditory and potentially harmful comments against the community i just read above, and urge any1 to close this thread.

Regards

• I just noticed: FAIL
    We have no moderators. There should be this SWAT guy XL who was never seen for ages and OP who is probably not interested.

• I would like to think that the following people would appologise to Marauder for the things said in this thread as what they are saying does nothing to help the situation for the community:
    SMG_Diablo
    salomao
    Black

I'm not orderring you to, you do whatever you want. hell, im only yet another player on the server.

Please be aware of what Marauder said - "Likely last message started by Marauder
    Hope you prove me wrong "

If you have been playing on this server a lot, you would know that Marauder has been holding the LP clan together for the past year largely on his own. Hes a regular player, and one of the most honourable people i've met on the server. To tell you how honourable he is, he never even joined the clan for money or even protection, he just joined to be playing the RP of pirate with others who like the same thing, he earned every last dime himself, on his own, and refused any help from other LP, and yet has offered help to others. He never complains about anything. And on this occasion, one of the very few times i can think of that Marauder speaks up to give some encouragement to join in, he simply asks us to not argue and come and play. After several years of playing he has finally reached level 90 and acheived his 5000 NPC kils that is the requirement to join LP haharr. To get level 90 is something most people would normally use a train and/or F1 to do. He deserves his position as a clan Leader of LP and has worked hard for it. I beleive he is one of the few people who really posses the ability to make this server great again. If people really feel that they should upset those players who do actually enjoy playing the game, then we can only see one result: That this will be Marauders last post, and nothing seems to change.

I would like to see people on the server playing and not arguing on the forum, now if anyone has a problem or something to say about that, tough luck because i'm not going to listen. I am feeling very dissapointed that Marauder has been ignored as proven in this post, but at the same time as i haven't seen these people in game since my return, then i don't see why it bothers me that much.

For the record, the attitude on the server is good at the moment, there are new people joining the server all the time, everyone appears to be happily playing the game as OP intented, now lets not spill all this over into the game spoiling it for others.

Over and out.

Originally posted by Marauder
    Is there anyone out there? OP seems to give us a chance...where are you? ?(8o [11] Now get in your ships and fly...quit worrying about the end of the world....that not till 2012 anyways [8] No more excuses and ( [4] )....get in pilot mode and fly!!!!

Likely last message started by Marauder
    Hope you prove me wrong
    Cya in space....if not it's been nice knowing you all

Marauder out

Ahoy me matey :)
    I hope you'll stay with us, it's been always a pleasure to RP with you and I want to thank you for all the good fights.
    The time of year doesn't allow most of us to play as much as we wont to but holidays are coming and my trusty ship will once again chase you or run in full speed away from you. Until then ;)

Rank + Codename: Captain Blade
    Wing: Dragon Wing
    Organization + Leader: DragonCorps - DC_Hägar

• I will not apology to anyone as I did nothing wrong. What Marauder did and what he not did is something I don't know but the opening post of him is a matter that belongs to the category respectful. You wont see any bad word about that from me and you wont see a bad word from me about players which try to keep this server running.

On the other side I have a serious problem that there are players which decided not to help and even worse to turn down the morale of other players by bad mouthing a reasonable decision of the server admin and the final chance that we players got.
    If such players would just use half of that time for something useful we would have a full server now. You can be mad with me if you want but in my humble oppinion everyone that is not willing to help is activly harming this community and should be thrown outta here. It would be no loss for this community and the remaining players. It is even a gain as we would not have waste time with players that can do no good.
    We were given a chance. It is very simple. All those which want to use this chance should stay here and do their best, all others get thrown out. Only those which did help to use our chance can take benefit of it. That sounds fair to me.

I used to play here a few years ago, now I decided to return since I have much free time in december. Once I finally have downloaded the mod again my chars will be in use day and night if neccessary. Probably you should do something similar.
    One week has passed, the month will pass very fast and we should not risk to waste our chance. We have absolutly no time to wait for something. Every player should be online as much as possible. Every clan leader should make sure that the members are online, that is their job. If you want a community then let's do something for it.

OP-R8R wrote something about open tasks that have to get done. What are they? Who is doing them? What has been done already? What still is to be done?
    I did not return to see a mod that I love go down the drain because the players refuse to do their part of the work. This time you can not blame anybody else because this time the responsibility of the success or fail for the given chance is in our hands. This is what every player of this server should know.

• Good point Blade regarding the holidays...I suppose I'll miss a few days here and there as well due to other (family) obligations. Thanks all 8)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D