Apology to SMG clan

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Hi,

First i would like to say hi to everyone in this community. I used to play freelancer a lot when it was first released but never thought there would be a mod that would make me play this game ever again. Last week while i was checking moddb for mods of another game i stumbled upon Crossfire mod. The screenshots were very tempting and i was amazed by the effort put in the mod. So i decided to give it a try... and now i can't seem to stop playing it when i have the time.

I am trying to get used to things around here since there are lots of rules and details one should learn in order to play properly. Because of that i am checkin the forums regularly to avoid missing any.

Today though i made a mistake. I saw at forums that certain systems are owned by certain clans. While i was exploring around (alot of exploring that is, i love it), i stumbled upon a gate called Hiruga. Somehow it sounded familiar so i decided to check back the forums for it. I saw that it has a maze in itself which is quite tricky to solve so that some players spent hours to get out. And i also found out that it belongs to SMG. I waited a while for any of SMG members to be online, but after long waiting still there was none. So i thought it would be ok to enter since i think i read someplace some clans allow access to their systems when none of them is online.

So, i lost to my curiousity and decided to get in there. The thing is, the maze was great. I love solving puzzles of that kind. Took me like 1.5 hours to solve it but i almost solved the way out.

While i was working on it, Diablo logged in and told me i was in forbidden space so that i should leave immediately. I said of course. And i cursed myself at that time. I shouldn't have come at the first place but couldn't help it. I told him i was very sorry about it and said i'll leave.

He put a bounty on me and i also agreed to pay him for a shield i bought from there. I felt very guilty about what i have done, i had put myself in a position of a thief. I feel very ashamed of that. I honestly didn't mean to steal anything.

So, i apologize for what i have done. There is no one to blame for my mistake, i should have known better. I couldn't help my curiousity. I am really sorry.

I hope my apology will be accepted. If necessary, i will give the shield back to a member of SMG. I just want to be friends with everyone, since we are all trying to have some fun and good time here.

Thanks for reading,

DarkOmen

• don't worry about the shield, stealing from pirates is good since they stole it anyway in the first place :D

if any pirate bothers you pm me in game and I will deal with 'em rats

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL

• Wow - I think your apology will be accepted. Nevertheless i am glad you made your first thievery in the game. That should bring you to the point to try out the pirate role play - before you give the police or merc or even smuggler rp a chance. ;)

No need to give it back or pay them afterwards. Now its yours ;) fell happy about it

Finally - if you feel stucked somewhere and tend to need help. Just ask if someone might help you. Supporting others is in favor for the majority on the server. Maybe you will find out about that yourself soon.

• Wow, Ive got to say you are the most polite thief ever :)

Since you paid for your shield and you seem to have learned your lesson I think we can consider this matter closed.

Welcome to CF and have fun.

SMG_myric, SMG_RDaneel, SMG_MULTIVAC

Interested in joining SMG? PM me

Those people who think they know everything
    are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

- Isaac Asimov

• Hello to CF, DarkOmen. I hope you have fun whatever you do.

Originally posted by Bond
    ... but like police we can provide any back up u need.

Really?

Originally posted by lucy in the sky
    Hello to CF, DarkOmen. I hope you have fun whatever you do.

Really?

Really.

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• Thanks for all the replies. Seriously i never intended for a theft, but it seems what i did is considered a "polite" thievery :). I just didn't want to have a bad reputation from the start. but now i see thievery is considered as a RP act not something forbidden by game rules.(which is actually cool)

Bond : I doubt anyone "allows" theft in their system. :)

After reading a second time yeah, i agree it is too polite. but i really felt sorry about it that time. Like i said i wouldn't want a bad rep from start.

And thank you for all your support. Hope to see ya in space!

DarkOmen

• okay, maybe the ammount i asked for was too much, but hey! being a future lawyer in real life and a pirate in crossfire means i have to steal kill and extort from others :D (and be greedy as possible)

• greedy?

...that´s only one RP - ours!

And Welcome to CF DarkOmen.

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by Daywalker
    greedy?

...that´s only one RP - ours!

Okay, Kermit, that was the biggest offense I ever got! You've got yourself a war! SMG not greedy... Arrrrgghh