Discovery hacked

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• When I checked out moddb site i was a bit surprised to see a message of a guy asking if our server was hacked just like discovery.
    I checked the discovery forums and its true. Another FL server got hacked. I meanwhile think the entire FL community went crazy. Since almost 2 years we have tons of hacked servers and sites.

Jolt, WTS, SWAT, Starport, Haven Admins, EOA, Discovery,....,.... the list is getting longer and longer.

I am pretty much worried about this development.

On a side note I took the time to read the announcement about fairplay towards other mods and servers at the Discovery forum. Next to a guy which claimed that Discovery is the Freelancer community (a claim which shows a weird view some players have) I have to say that the administration is doing a good job and created in a pretty cool way. [thumb]

I intent to add similar content to the new SWAT rules.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes, that's true. Discovery RP server was subject to a massive ddos-type attack run from servers belonging to several major web hosts (including Dreamhost). Then the same attack was run against Discovery USA server where it put the whole datacenter offline. Casual routers were unable to block the attack (got overloaded).

We sent abuse reports to all concerned parties, and there was some feedback, but some hosts were reluctant to help.

So, the attack wasn't using any FLServer-related exploits, could be targeted against any server, but apparently our game servers were chosen victims.

And thanks for the feedback on the fair play note OPR8R, we'll try to move in same direction in future.

• well when i hear DDoS attack then usually the name Azza comes to my mind
    but who knows

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!