Unable to Connect to Server

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Daywalker.

• I'm getting the message "Unable to connect to server" and I was wondering how to get by this.

I'm on Windows Vista 64bit and use AVG anti-virus.

singleplayer and everything else works, i just cant connect.

all help is welcome.

• IV. Can't connect to any Server (Vista)
    Norton, mcafee securityCenter or Kaspersky aren't allowed to be on your PC, deactivating them don't do it!, if you have Avast! you have to deinstall the NetworkShield.
    You should eventual turn off IPv6 and give a static LAN IP Addresse in the IPv4.

• Sorry mates...I seem to have the same problem...I'm using Vista too, as an antivirus I use KAspersky Inet security 2009. I get the messagg "I'm sorry, but a connection could not be established with the server.This is usually caused by a server going offline when you attempted to connect to it. It may be caused by internet problems."...now the problem is not cause by the server and neither by the inet connection wich is very good...also, I added an exception for freelancer in kaspersky and disabled the firewall but I get the same message...

I'm at witt's end mates...can you help me solve this problem? (also, sorry but I don't know what the IPv...stuff means...

Thanks in advance,
    Stephan :)

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• I also installed patch 1.7a...didnt'work either...:(

Voila, in view a humble vaudevillian veteran...cast vicariously as both victim and villain, by the vicissitudes of fate...

• problem solved...it was the kaspersky inet security 2009...it's A-OK now...:D