SMUGGLERS HUNT

There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gast.

• Tomorrow (18th)will be the Smugglers Hunt
    Time will be 21.30 GMT
    EM will be Oraxis with help from Kermit and myself .

• Hey everyone, looks like Im holding the event tomorrow. I hope to see alot of people there, the time is 21:30 GMT to recap, its 30minutes later since Im in USA and I only get home at 21:00. I hope this doesnt cause any problems, and If it does, please PM me, Ill take any criticism, constructive or not, and try to use it to make events better!

Oraxis

• Good luck with SH, mate! I believe in you, you`ll do ur best^^!

CF chars - Maxbur and derivatives
    Roleplay on server: Merc/Smuggler
    You can hire me for all sort of job: dirty and not so - but I`ll make it clean. It will cost you :)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Einstein

• If enough Players will be around we will have great Fun ;)

I will give out a Special (and not small) Bonus to the winning Team. Means if you participate you will get for sure the normal Prices and a Team Bonus if your Team wins - which is on you :).

Click the image above to visit us.

• Oh i didnt know the event has a new EM, thx for letting me know like this. [1]

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• Ok let's keep it calm. Why didn't anyone contact Doom about this ? He is after all an active and current EM of the Smuggler hunt.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• DOOM
    Wavey just try the SH to be held - the SPs was aswell discussing this. Nobody wants to take away your EM Doom but we need it to be held. As far as i know it wasn´t lately?

Before anything is going to the wrong side - lets just meet alltogether this evening as announced, first we will run the event and later we will clear the positions, after it we make a final posting on this thread please.

Until it´s made let´s keep the Forum out of this.

Click the image above to visit us.

Originally posted by Oraxis
    Hey everyone, looks like Im holding the event tomorrow. I hope to see alot of people there, the time is 21:30 GMT to recap, its 30minutes later since Im in USA and I only get home at 21:00. I hope this doesnt cause any problems, and If it does, please PM me, Ill take any criticism, constructive or not, and try to use it to make events better!

Oraxis

well. now it really seems that players from outside the USA, (across the pond, eastern direction), which have to get up early as hell (what would be about 2:30 GMT) to go to work, are screwed.
    21:30 means 22:30pm (in germany) and since sleep seems to be neccessary for those, who have a job at a delivering service company and supposed to sit behind a steering wheel all day, i wont be able to take part at those event, unless it starting twice a day, OR enough players from OUTSIDE the USA, which are almost in the same situation (and have to work or similar things to do) are willing to take part at events, so that the event can be made for those players too.

would be nice .. but .. i think it will still be a dream.

so long :evil:

• you unlucky Abras - but you can be lucky to have still a job - no matter what ways you need to drive and what times you have to work ;)

<hr />
    I think this [1] has to be deleted from this forum. I hate when people are using it!

DOOM....
    You can still support Oraxis and so Kermit and Wavey dont have to wear the load ;) Even I cant barely remember you last holding event (but i also was not there the last 3 weeks on wednesday evening)...

Originally posted by -=[T-R-F]=-Huor_Súrion
    I think this [1] has to be deleted from this forum. I hate when people are using it!

Yeah, replace it with more dancing bananas [1655] or something like this one:

(of course this should be available only for me, muahahaha)

DOOM....
    You can still support Oraxis and so Kermit and Wavey dont have to wear the load ;) Even I cant barely remember you last holding event (but i also was not there the last 3 weeks on wednesday evening)...

There were a couple of smuggler hunts this year, and only one of them was managed by me.

• DOOM event hasnt been run and Oraxis offered to run an event so I asked him to do smugglers.
    You are always welcome to run event but I must know about it if you wont .(in advance if possible)
    All I want is events running every day .

As to the time ,Oraxis is from US so it is later than normal :(

• Hey Everyone, the event was a smashing success in my opinion, and I hope everyone else felt the same.

Hunters were [SFP]Mr.Focks, [SFP]SpyInBlack, [SFP]The_Scribbler, SMG_Picard, Vic, Melon@Night, and BG_Spiky. Mr. Focks, SpyInBlack, and Melon@Night were not able to stay on for the entire event, but I personally thank them for coming.

Smugglers were Bethany and |PX|Kermit. Bethany died in Leeds while Kermit died sometime later in Kyushu. Both kills were made by BG_Spiky. Bethany reached New London and Kermit reached New London and New Tokyo. Bethany graciously turned down her prize money for the event and donated it to the events.

Special Thanks to BG_Wavey for advertising the event, SMG_Picard, who sponsored the event in the name of the SMG, and |PX|Kermit for invaluable assistance with logistics.

Event sponsored by Blood Guard, SMG, and PX. Thanks to these groups this event had funding.

Oraxis

• I dont care if im the EM anymore or not, its the way it got presented. U know, back in the days , when Flash was doing smuggler hunt and didnt have time anymore, i asked him if he needed help.
    Few weeks after , i was helping on some events, and when he left i was EM. I remember this went for every event, ppl talked with each other first, but I guess thats asked too much decency .
    Anyways, for your last 3 weeks huor. yes u havent been online, second i held 2 events in last 4 weeks (in 1 week maxbur had birthday, and it was his big party).
    But it doesnt matter anymore, i dont like things done behind back, without even trying to talk with me first.
    so keep your event , and huor i wanna have your super pink glasses 1 day lol.

Plastic surgery since 1500 AD

---
    o
    L_
    OL
    This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

• This was not done behind anyones back :) I posted it clearly on this forum.
    If an EM cant run an event they should post .
    I had to make a decision on the facts which were no event for several weeks,no post saying why and no pm .

• Excuse me for butting in, but isnt this argument just serving to cause problems? please take it private so the forums dont turn into a flame fest...

Please excuse my interjecting, but this might be better served in a different forum (not internet forum, forum forum).

Oraxis

• Oraxis, clearly you're missing the point. This is a matter which could affect you in the near or farther future. You could turn out not to be an EM while you're active without knowing when it happend. Give it more credit.

Wavey, you could've contacted SMG and asked us to relay a message to Doom for it or just PMed him he's active on the forums. And yes you guys did it behind everyone's back

Posted by Wavey
    [size=3]Tomorrow[/size] (18th)will be the Smugglers Hunt
    Time will be 21.30 GMT
    EM will be Oraxis with help from Kermit and myself .

I'd clearly say there was insufficient amount of time to discuss it with the ex-event manager Doom.

Live another day

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• hehe @ doom:

those glasses are mine ;)

BTW i think i don't miss to see the reality if thats your impression and meaning of wearing pink glasses. Indeed i just miss the point to be pissed off everytime. Cause i recognize players here who cry about every little incident, either they are shot down (with or without warning), lost a pvp (with or without lag), are hunted (everytime and everywhere)... and much more things. So I learned not to cry everytime and live with situations as they are. Cause mainly i fail to see what crying (baby-like) will change (except to get back the comforter :)

Based on this case i fail to see what is sooooooo damn bad if someone holds an event out of the box. If i cant hold an event myself (and yes i am EM as well) if needed i don't complain if someone else hold it. Even if i could hold an event (and that was the fact sometimes as well) I don't complain if someone else holds it. So don't know what this has to do with pink glasses... Next week you can do your event again, with help of oraxis or not, with help of someone else or not.. its your choice. But i guess you are now tend to act like a prima donna ;)