Ragnarok Gunship

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Well, I've recently gotten back into Freelancer and Crossfire as well and put simply, I was getting bored with the same old Titan Heavy Fighter, so I went off searching for new ships in Single Player. Well, I didn't find anything that interested me so I looked up online and one immediately caught my attention: The Ragnarok Gunship.

Being a fan of Final Fantasy 8 (Your main flying base of operations later in FF8 is the Ragnarok Gunship) and Freelancer, I decided that this was the ship I wanted to pilot. However, it says it's only available to Admins and police. Is it possible to purchase the Ragnarok Gunship in the Single Player mode or is it something that admins can only give out to select people (other admins and police) in multiplayer mode on the server? If it is possible to purchase in single player, where do I buy it? I've scoured every system I can find at least twice and never seen it.

Thanks in advance.

Great mod btw, I can tell a lot of effort was put into it ;)

• I multiplayer it is only available to Server police but i beleive it can be bought in single player. i suggest you look in the most unlikely places, however some correct me if it isn't available in single player.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
    [85] [731]

• The Ragnarok is for sale on the Nomad Base in Styx... but getting on the base is another matter.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

Being a Cynic isn't that bad. Either I'm right or I am pleasantly surprised.

My Homepage

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature
    (" )_(" ) to help him multiply, because that's what bunnies do.

• Thanks for that, RogueJet. That was another question I had at the back of my mind. How exactly are you supposed to dock with a city that is completely shielded, including the docking bay with invincible shields?

• you are not supposed to get that ship and dock with that station
    its the serverpolice ship and the serverpolice station and you are no serverpolice (especially in singleplayer)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hmmm, I wonder... 'Especially not in single player'? How exactly is anyone going to stop me should I try and succeed? Or are you saying you're going to come to my house and physically stop me? After all, that sounds like a challenge to me :P

• Dude.. .why you think then this station is covered by a shield, huh? because the Ragnarok is forbidden even in singleplayer.. come in Multiplayer , rent a system and you will have it ;)

• So all the systems aren't rented out yet? I thought they were... Even so, everyone has been saying 'only for server admin and server police' so if I were to rent out a system, does that make me an admin or a server police or is a system renter another person who gets the Ragnarok Gunship?

• Oh, I have to join a clan then? I'm a lone wolf and I don't join clans unless I have no other choice... Or can I just make a one person clan of just me and get it that way? <_<

• Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Ragnarok only for appearances on the SP char and not a combat vessel ?

Live another day

(\__/)

• You can make a one member clan (which is, in my humble opinion, an uber-stupid concept), become an official server clan, rent a clansystem for 240 Euros a year (if i'm not mistaken), become your 1-member-clan's Server Police representative and get your Ragnarok.
    Unfortunately as a Server Police you can't use it except for killing the odd npc, but usually you'll probably be flooded with questions, problems and stuff by other players when you're in your SP-char so you wont have too much time to do that.

• Well, I think I'll stick with my Ragnarok Gunship that I just got in the Single Player version if it's all the same, thanks. Seriously, after all this talk about how impossible it was supposed to be, it was pretty anticlimactic.

But, in case you don't believe me:

As the old saying goes, when there is a will, there is a way. *nods sagely*

• Ok correct me now if I'm wrong but isn't the only people who can dock at the stations: Admins/SP/Cheaters ?

Live another day

(\__/)

• Correction: It's available to admins/server police/cheaters and exploiters.

The difference between cheating and exploiting?

Cheaters break the rules, exploiters find where the people who made the game made a mistake and use it to make their task easier. So it's not cheating, at least not the way I did it and no, I'm not going to tell you how I did it. After all, I don't want others to find out this nifty little secret.

• Wow it's common knowlidge if you did what I think you did but that's cheating :D. I think (Correct me poeple if I'm wrong again)

Live another day

(\__/)

• If it is, then the admins had better get around to banning every single person on the server, including themselves, because flying in a straight line is cheating.

Anyway, if I REALLY wanted to cheat to get this, I would have gone into the DATA folder, found the ship's data, gone into several different .ini files and changed them around so it sold at Planet Manhatten instead of trying to get inside the shield of the Styx Nomad base.

• Why is it that everyone does that same typo: ManhattEn when it's supposed to be ManhattAn :D. Anyway it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. If something you did is wrong the correct people maybe shall take care of it :D.

Live another day

(\__/)

• Jack, your grammarmatical and sentence structuring skills are comparatively aweful, you shouldn't be trying to correct anyone on their mistakes, regardless of how minor they are.

Not only that, this is in offline Single Player. How exactly would they 'correct' me? I.P ban me from multiplayer, despite the fact I've got like... One level 18 character that I've played for about 10 minutes? Ban me from the forums? The only way anyone could stop me piloting the ship or playing the mod is by doing something that's illegal in real life and that would land them in jail now that I have the Ragnarok Gunship in single player mode, and that's assuming the admins/mods actually get worked up enough over it to try something that foolish.