FLMM

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Tore5150.

• So here's my MANY problem. I haven't played in about two years, this is the first time I'm installing Freelancer on this computer ( yes it's runnung Vista sp1). After I get it installed I launched it in SP and it worked. I the went over to multi player and no servers showed up. I found out the Microlost no longer hostess any servers. I tried to go to Lancers Reactor but their not there anymore I found my way here to SWAT (appears like you replaced Lancers Reactor) and after looking over the different servers thought I would try Crossfire. I go to the CF site download the FLMM and there 1.7 Mod. I installed FLMM then CF 1.7 in that order. Guess what? I got this error

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.70 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.70\EXE\MSINET.OCX' to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\MSINET.OCX')

I then tried running FLMM as administrator, and that didn't work. By the way after each failed attempt to load CF I restored the back up. I then DL'd FLMM 1.4 (the beta) to see if MAYBE that was built for Vista, same errors.

It's now 1:35am I've smoked two packs of Camels since noon, drank almost a case of Coke Zero, I'm tired, I'm PO'd, and I'm hoping I can fall a sleep when I get to bed.

Hope there is someone to help me, if there is could you also e-mail a copy of the post so I can read it better. lamarcasr@gmail.com

Tks
    Tore

:rolleyes: [wall]

Tore

Originally posted by Tore5150
    I found my way here to SWAT (appears like you replaced Lancers Reactor)

:D

to the topic: i'm running Vista too and had the same problem.
    But damn, i don't remember how i solved it. I just know that you HAVE to use FLMM 1.3 and install all the stuff in the right order.
    And i would recommend to delete everything including all the files and start all over again, if you didn't do that already.

Good luck, hope to see you on the server soon!

• try re-downloading and re-installing everything... this is a really unusual error (you're the 1st -- gratz :D) and probably can be solved by fresh pack of files..

btw I'd suggest you not to drink coke zero cos the artificial sweetener imo makes it taste like crap :(

and Lucy, it's FLMM v1.31 not v1.3 ;)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• Magnet:
    1. He's not the first. As i already stated above, i had exactly the same prob and somehow solved it. At least that shows there is a solution.
    2. You're right about coke zero 8) (btw it is just coke light for guys, coz they don't like coke light :D
    3. My flmm says it is 1.3, i checked before i posted

• 1. ok agreed
    2. they both taste like crap. only "zero" is 2% more crap (light = 2% sugar you know)
    3. it should be 1.31 tho. besides -- the displayed version might differ from the actual (1.3 displays as 1.3, and 1.31 also displays as 1.3)

<table border="0" align="center" width="75%" height="40px" cellspacing="0"><tr>
    <td align="left" background="http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9442/swatwj7.png" width="2px"></td>
    <td valign="top" align="center" width="100%" background="http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/401/swatya1.gif"><font face="serif" color="white" size="5">&#191;&#647;&#592;&#653;&#387;&#592;&#623; - magwat?</font></td>
    <td align="right" background="http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6025/swatright.png" width="2px"></td>
    </tr></table>
    <!--<hr width="85%" />

Fix'd.

-->

• So I stumbled across this:

Originally posted by Doppleganger
    1. deactivate all mods in FLMM.
    2. uninstall FLMM
    3. uninstall Freelancer, deleting all saved game data and screenshots.
    4. download and install FLMM v1.31, not 1.4 its incompatible.
    5. download FRESH COPY of CF 1.7 and 1.7a patch
    6. activate CF 1.7, leave the patch for now.
    7. install Freelancer.
    8. activate CF 1.7 in FLMM
    8. install the CF 1.7a patch
    9. launch Freelancer from FLMM
    10. deactivate 3D sound ingame options - Audio.
    11. get online and enjoy

and guess what, thats right got all the way down to number 8 and got the same error message!

[1691] mmmmmmm Coke Zero

Tore

• do u run it all as administrator?
    here is the CF Guide. please check the list of "Installation Instructions". it also includes some other trouble shooting...

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• Try this

1.Unistall the game+FLMM(and if she want's restart-restart your PC)
    2.Install the game(then copy the crack of course)
    3.Install FLMM 1.3
    4.Install the 1.7 Mod(in the dirictory of FLMM,only CF must to be active, all others mods to be deactiveted)
    5.Install Patch 1.7a(Multiplayer) and wait for the "updates" to download , when the Multiplayer Button is active after the updates downloaded,go in the server and enjoy ;)

• Got it working. Here is what I did.
    - I uninstalled Freelancer, CF, and FLMM. Then I did a restart.
    - I installed FLMM, and CF1.7, and again did a restart.
    - I right clicked FLMM clicked on properties, clicked the compatibility tab, checked both "run this program in compatibility mode windows xp (service pack 2)" and "run this program as administrator". Restarted it again.
    - Next I installed Freelancer, again restarted.
    - I then opened FL accepted the ELUA and exited.
    - I opened FLMM clicked CF and it loaded.
    from there it was just downloading the updated and all the normal stuff.
    thanks all for your help, but I'm still not sure what the problem was...

Tore

• maybe it was because when you first tried to install you didnt have FLMM on run as admin?
    or did you? O_o

Pie? Rats? In space? Have you gone mad?
    {LP}.Mu_La_Flaga.{X}
    {LP}Gilliam{X}
    {LP}Rabid_Cat{X}
    {LP}Hizack_Nomad{X}
    Arrrr Pirates Arrrr!!
    AND OH NOEZ A PIRATE TRAIN >.>
    {LP}Mu_La_Train{X}

• Yes I did have it set to run as admin, but not "run this program in compatibility mode windows xp (service pack 2)", don't know if that was the fix, or if because I restarted after every step, or.......?

Tore