Sound problems

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by asdfgh.

• Hi all!

First off, I did try running a search but couldn't find anything, apologies if I just missed it.

My problem is that large portions of the sound appear to be missing - for example, no sounds in the options screens, none of the usual voice chatter from pilots/stations, no sound of cruise engines charging, no background music. But some sounds are audible, such as weapons fire and shield impacts and the "battle" music.

Things I've tried so far - Re-install - no effect (both mod and FL).
    Turn off 3D-sound.
    Re-install audio drivers.

Hmm... very curious thing, that.

Cheers, and a great mod otherwise!

• I can't help with the resolution of this issue but if you supply more info it will help the others who can.

What operating system are you using?

Details on the audio hardware, drives, etc.

Is this problem new? Have you had it working and it recently stopped? If so, when did it stop?

Lt-Cornel Ancalagon the Black

The early bird might get the worm
    but
    The second mouse gets the cheese

• Ah, yes thank you, schoolboy's error.

Sooo... the specs are
    Win XP SP 2
    Via AC97 integrated audio on a KT8233 Southbridge (K8T800 Mainboard), driver is the current one as of today (28.04.2008)

The problem is new in the sense that I have had freelancer running fine previously on the machine. I haven't had it installed for a while, then installed it and immediately put crossfire 1.70 over a pristine, vanilla installation using FLMM 1.3

Further specs (for ref. only)
    Athlon 64 3000+
    512 MB Ram
    64 MB ATi Radeon 9600

Thanks for the quick reply. Any other info that's needed lemme know.