WoW - where to play ...

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cpt.Gonzo.

• Hopefully this guide will unite the SWAT members willing to play World of Warcraft.

Here is a free server that is been choosed. Server is currently using version 2.3.0 (latest). Server settings are like on the official ones from blizzard except for experience multipliers, which is not too high than the usual. More info about server settings you can find here.

To play you need to do go through few steps:

1) have WoW Burning Crusade 2.3.0 installed
    2) go to your game folder and edit realmlist.wtf to look like that

Code
    1. set realmlist 82.98.78.50
    2. set patchlist 82.98.78.50

3) create account at server's website (here)

Now when you ready to play, won't be that easy to contact other play in game. Problem is cause this (and all other illegal) servers have more or less some bugs and usually you can't see all players online but just part of them (like those with same race). Thats why you can check for someone over here.
    Let me know if you start playing, to help you get started.

• Server is been updated yesterday and now i notice that all settings are now like on official server, including experience multiplier.

• Hmmm, is this topic made to share multiple realms or just a single one?

Anyway, I'm playing on the Ravencrest PvP realm.

It's currently based in The Netherlands and should give people in Europe not much lag.

The server just switched to a new database, which means most things will still have to be fixed (but most, and I mean most things just work blizzlike).

Code
    1. set realmlist server.ravencrest.nl
    2. Delete the set patchlist line

Admiral

Member of the Lost Prophets since 2006!

• My idea is to get all to play on same realm (otherwise its pointless).

Lag is not really important.

Some free servers support char transfer i think?!