Crossfire doesn´t work. Tried everything

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by BarberDocJam.

• Hello everyone,

recently I´ve downloaded a brilliant Crossfire mod, which I wanted to play so badly past few days, but I was unable due to one fatal error that occured everytime. I know you get this a lot, but Freelancer crashes after intro movies just before loading into menu. Don´t get hasty with judging me, I really tried everthing I found out. I deleted saves, restart.fl, reinstalled the whole thing at least 12 times. I have wasted almost 5 days on getting it work and it somehow doesn´t work. I lowered my details of to game to minimum as it was one of the , but still the same outcome. Crash... It seems to be happening after I completely update the Crossfire launcher. Old version of the launcher works just fine. Well almost. After getting through the first mission it´s giving me some crapy graphing problem just when I reach Pittsburgh. Beams coming out of everywhere and then the screen gets white. After landing on Pittsburgh, the smokes from the mining facility are misplace and so on... But that is not the real problem. The real problem is that after the whole update of the launcher, it simply does not work.

Here is my laptop in basic:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM 2,40GHz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M - all drivers up to date
    Windows 7 64-bit

Can anyone give me a clear answer what is going on? I´m just loosing hope that I will ever be able to play Crossfire.

Thanks

• Hello BarberDocJam,

welcome here on portal. From what you posted seems clear that your problem is corrupted mod installation ... this can have more reasons. As first you can look into FAQ and you may look also here, where are guides how to properly install/reinstall CF and what issue can present security software (mainly antivirus). For possible issues with graphic can be good to do small update in one from files which will add info about your graphic card: https://swat-portal.com/forum/…ire/advices/#a-autoMark_0

Check also please one next thing, which is mentioned below.

Quote from "FAQ"

WARNING: If you have newly downloaded installation files (Mod, FLMM in zip), check please these files properties PRIOR you will do something. If you see there option "Unblock" on file properties bottom, USE it. It is some kind of windows protection which works on NTFS discs and is doing unwanted problems if overlooked.

and after we can search further if CF will still not working for you.

• I'm also having this same issue. Crashes before menu every time, this happened with both 1.9 and 2.0 and I reinstalled both several times, with the proper FLMM version packaged with 2.0.

• Please clean registry and follow guides (precisely if possible) mentioned above. And ... do not install FLMM into Freelancer directory, it was one from harder to find issues short time ago for one player.

• Great. I finally made it to work. :) It was just about to do the instalation step by step. :) Now there is a different problem. Crossfire crashes to desktop every hour without a reason when I launh to space and shows an error message "Freelancer stopped working". Any ideas?

Thank you all.

• Glad you make it work :sehrgut: ...

and for this crashing, there is not any normal reason why this should happen so often (can happen after few hours of play, but nothing regular). Isn't possible issue with your laptop overheat? Just a quick idea.