Sector Space walls coming down.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by davidbennett1819.

• Sector space walls are coming down and let you fly around the Alpha, Beta and Delta Quadrants uninhibited. For once, this is actually looking pretty good.
    Sector Space has been divided into three maps now, with one map per quadrant (Alpha, Beta and Delta). This means that no matter where you are in a quadrant, you can click on another system in that quadrant on the overhead map and proceed there uninterrupted.

Sector Space Revamp | Star Trek Online

• first reports ive read about it were mainly about visuals
    i however dont get rid of the feeling that you will need much longer to navigate and find the system you are looking for

ive also read about missing transwarp locations and only very limited amount of doff assignments (which will force you to fly around alot which in the end will consume alot of time)
    either this is a bug or the next nerf, dunno

while some players mentioned that its "just a test version of the new maps" we all should meanwhile know that when a major season release hits tribble and the red shirt shard is online the release of the new season is comming very soon
    next to that is it common method by the crpytic devs to copy all the bugs from tribble directly to the holodeck without any fixes and without listening to the testing players

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I'm trying to log onto tribble today or tomorrow and test it for myself. I have a lot of transwarp destinations I can try and see where they take me. I report back here once I know how I feel about it.

• Had a go on Tribble to check out the new sector space. So far it's not bad. Suns and planets are larger, but I was hoping sector space would be bigger with the huge stars staying the same size rather than inflating when you approached and shrinking when you left, but it does look rather cool and make sense as otherwise sector travel would take even longer.
    I was also hoping they would introduce some sort of sector transwarp network for players to get around easier, rather than use a ships limited transwarp and slipstream capability.
    New systems have been added, including Orion homeworld, Betazed and Iconia, to mention a few.
    Transwarp still works. For example Tau Dewa. If you use transwarp currently, it will take you to the border of Tau Dewa. In the new space, it will take you to the approx. center of Tau Dewa space. All others' like K7, DS9 or New Romulus will still take you directly there.

There is a video on youtube where someone already tested the new sector space. Worth a look.

Star Trek Online: Sector Space Revamp - YouTube

• so sol, vulcan etc are in beta quadrant now?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Vulcan and Sol are in Alpha quadrant, however, it seems that sol is on the border close to beta quadrant. The devs know that a few systems are in the wrong place, but apparently can't move them because they are tied into story missions and therefore cannot be moved to the correct locations.

• I do love the new sense of scale, at lest from what ive seen of the pictures (as a silver, I cant access tribble).

I hope they add the caitian homeworld too. A city with scratching posts would awesome.