Char: Inferno

There are 26 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• your skill tree and your ship equipment look very good
    using an avenger as beam boat is relative new to me but i see very little reason that would speak against such an approach

there are a few things where i am not sure about
    e.g. the torp launcher (do you use it often?... does it much damage?)

your boff skills and doffs clearly would require some adjustments
    but the way i see it you easily could double your dps

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• i've always played with beams due to 180 angle .. it's just a thing of habit.. luckily i have wide arc beams in the aft, as i usually engage enemies straight forward xD
    so, i suppose using dual heavy cannons would be an option (if that's what you meant by increasing the dps).
    as for the torp, yes, i use it very often, in every possible occasion.. as for the damage.. before DR it was doing some damage where npc's health bar would have actually decreased .. but now with the DR, it's as good as useless (in normal stf's it's still effective, but in advanced completely useless).. let's say that i'm accustomed to use it, but nothing more and nothing less
    for the doff's i've seen other ppl's builds, and i'm slowly gathering money to improve those (since every decent technician now costs around 13mio )

• well
    you need to decide how to player... cannons certainly would increase the dps when having the target right infront of you
    but beams give you the option of choice which target you want to attack

but actually thats not what ive meant with the dps
    getting technicans certainly is a nice way of getting things done
    for that you should try to play the assignment chains... especially the ones in B'tran as they reward technicans on critical success

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• @satoabe
    well... there is no special tool required
    you can make ingame screenshots and upload them to the gallery

then you can use normal forum functions to create such a menu structure
    e.g.

Code
    1. [tabmenu]
    2. [tab='title1''] Content 1
    3. [tab='title2']
    4. [subtab='subtitle1'] Content 2
    5. [/tabmenu]

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• so, you say it's possible to increase dps even with the beams?
    now that would definitely interest me :) (hehe, i just hope you won't tell me i'll have to upgrade everything to lvl14 epic)

• no
    its mainly a few detail changes
    but... that will take time to get done

you would need to start getting these technicans

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• One thing you can start to do is look at your Bridge Officers. I see you have several that do not have any space traits. Humans give hull heals, Saurians give more engine power (I like those), Nausicans (yes its possible to get those on a Fed) give +2.5% to damage. Your ship will perform better when these space traits are considered.

The quality of your Duty Officers makes a difference also. Strive to get Purple or better doffs in your space and ground slots. These will take some time to collect (or a good bit of ec) but they are worth it.

I also notice that you are using a torpedo. Unless the torp is necessary to obtain an effect from a weapons set I would go get yourself another beam bank. Your tactical consoles are buffing your beams, not your torpedo. So you are using a weapon that is not optimized over a weapon that is greatly boosted by your consoles. Believe me, on that ship you wont miss the torp.

• thx for the hint :) will try making some changes today (starting with an additional beam, and adding the FAW instead or torp skill), and let's see how it'll perform in stf's
    i start having the feeling i should have invested more thoughts into the selection of appropriate doff's.. so, time to finally collect the right ones

• yes, most important is to get good boffs and doffs first

you should focus more on the boff traits and the rarity than on their abilities (they can be trained in whatever is required)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The right boff depends on the area you want to improve.

Offense or defense?

Human for defense
    Saurians for more subsystem power
    Romulans for critchance
    Nausicans for more base dmg

Its up to you what you want.

Cheers
    Andro

• definitely damage output.
    well, for now it seems an extra beam and FAW contribute well to this goal.

also, was reading the small letters about technicians today.. basically, the cooldown reduction only applies upon activating A2B.
    but, does it mean: 10% reduction in time of the remaining cooldown, or 10% of the base cooldown.. and does this also imply the necessity of having two A2E abilities (like, ensign and lieutenant level), so one could hit the buttons constantly?
    and if so... then one would have to first increase the auxiliary power level by little and only then activate A2E, to harness the extra power.. or doesn't this matter at one point?

• I fly an A2B Build on my cruiser.

The cooldown reduction applies based on the bease cooldown.

I would recommend to use to a2b skills. It dosn't matter which level.

You cant hit them constantly because of the cd they applie on each other. But all 10 secs is one ready.

If you want to get the maximum out of this skills you should raise the aux level before using.
    But this is only a point of fine tuning and not a must.

You should also keep in mind that your skills from your sci boff are based on your aux energy level.
    So use them first before you use the a2b.

Rota: Raise aux level > use sci skills if needed > use a2b

• If you do it right your powerlevels might look like this:

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• why the plasma torpedo, if I dont have any points in that? (for the 2set skill Plasma Conductive Circuitry?).
    wouldn't it then be better just to completely switch to the romulan plasma setup, and replace all the beam arrays and vulnerability consoles into plasma type?

• ok, so much about the new ground set armor ... simply put: UGLY (and no, there is no pink version of it...)
    but what is actually even funnier -> whenever you try customizing your head, by simply selecting the "Delta alliance combat armor" -> well, you end up with a bald head, with no helmet, no sunglasses, no nothing ... simply amazing :D

• well, you can replace the the plasma torp with a AP weapon if you wish
    Ive only put it there for the set bonus (which of course would make more sense with plasma weapons but since you already have the AP weapons....)

you still should use the zero point energy conduit for the crit bonus (as you APs are pretty much based on crit damage)
    as for the neutronium alloy ive taken the one from our mine with +power transfer rate

and the science consoles are from our embassy with -th +hullrep/+shieldreg (that will allow you to stay alive)

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,