Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

• Ive been watching this thread progress for quite some time now, and Id have to say that 1.6 is going to be the best FL Mod everperiod. While other Mods have defiled the FL experience with ships and plots from other franchises and made total conversions that simply don't make sense, CF has stayed true to the Lancer series. Taking into consideration all the new ships, innovative features, the addition of the Dom'Kavash, and the overall continuation of the Lancer plot, Id have to say that OP and h…
  • Suppose for a moment that a clan's leader owned a battleship. What if other members of the same clan could dock with it, buy commodities and equipment, get repairs, and respawn from it? Is a moving, player-controlled base even feasible? If it is, it could add a strategic edge to clan activity. Probably an unrealistic idea, but it would still be awesome... By the way, are looting limits even possible?
  • I tried to dock a Shroud at Outpost Delta. I let the ship do its own thing...I ended up dying before getting to dock. Probably just a fluke.
  • It was just once. You have to start your approach from a rediculous angle in relation to the docking bay for it to happen. At least for now we're all safer fliers than the NPCs (who just fly into planet atmospheres half the time instead of docking).
  • Expanding on Tanatos's idea earlier, would it be posible for players to customize the color of thier ship's hull and running lights? I've seen it done on a different mod, but I don't remember which... It would add a bit of diversity to the couple of ships everyone is going to end up buying. Either way, I can't wait to see the new ships.
  • Okay, then another idea. What if planets had thier own defense systems (not like the docking rings, mind you)? If a player or NPC comes within a certain range of a hostile planet, guns and/or missiles are fired from the planetary surface. If the shots could pack enough punch, it might make players more inclined to take good care of thier reps.
  • Wait, what needs a char wipe? Is there a way a convert our chars when 1.6 comes out? If not, would moving everyone to Sol work, or are the new features too much of a leap for this to work? I suppose I shouldn't fuss; my char's only a couple of days old.
  • I'm thinking along those same lines. I'll do just about anything to avoid starting over from scratch again (I'm still trying to figure out if I'll ever get past level 60 without having to restart for one reason or another ).
  • Support seems to actually be growing for the char wipe... How about making it optional ? What about the > lv. 60 range of players? The very thought of starting over again may give me, for one, a stroke. If it happens, at least I'll have a lot of time in the hospital to work on new chars. By the way, I agree with strogguniverse; I can't wait to get a hold of a coalition VHF.
  • Okay, what you said makes a lot of sense. Whatever happens, all we can do is make do with what we've got and be thankful for it. I'm 100% behind whatever decisions are made around here; it doesn't matter what cons this new mod will carry with it, because it's going to be the best one out there. Didn't mean to be a naysayer, thanks for the insight Centaurian. By the way, if one was going to make a new char if 1.6, what system would they be starting in? Is there a choosing feature, a set location…
  • That's a good idea, but wouldn't it require an audio cue like when there are incoming missiles or torpedoes? If it could work it would be awesome. It's never fun to spend an hour in Altair and get blasted clear back to Earth. And OP, those screenshots are absolute eyecandy.
  • Concerning starting options: very groovy. Concerning ion cannons: usually you don't know you're being shot at until you ship erupts into a spectacular ball of fire. I've never gone within 20km of one since I first got hit.
  • I'm not sure, but I think I got hit at just under 10km once... Hey OP, what planet is that? I'd like to pack my bags and move there.
  • (Quote) Just out of curiousity, how is the massive number of players on the server going to be handled? Lag might be terrible unless something is done to prevent everyone from immediately diving into this spectacular mod. Should the most experienced players from 1.57 get first shot at it, or will the endless tide of players be managed by kicks from the server police when things get overcrowded? Chould a server password keep things from boiling over? Perhaps these all bad ideas; maybe there won'…
  • [1752] [1752] [1752] All hail OP: God of CF! Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm going back to the server.
  • I'm guessing that role is already somewhat filled by the new model of torpedo that's going to be in the mod (or so I've heard).
  • Your work is swift OP; I thought thsoe stations would take at least a couple of more weeks. This mod's looking better with every post you make . Too bad the same can't be said for mine .
  • You can fly the ships but not....erm, you know. You are aware the cloaking is a local taboo, right? Oh $#!&, I just used the "C" word; sorry everyone!
  • In all seriousness, no cloaks. OP will never allow it, much less incorporate it into one of his mods. NPCs can still see you, there's no cool effects, and it wreaks all sorts of havoc for other players on the server. If you're still curious, go search the forum for it.
  • It's, all, so, beautiful. I've been looking for a mod like this since I first started playing the game. My search is over at last. I think I'm going to cry now .