Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 82.

• (Quote from Mak) I think there should be some another place to sell prisoners. When I played SP, after mission 8 i had to waste a pretty big sum to get access to at least Newgate.Yes, I had a heavy fighter and a big cargo bay, but how would the LF pilots be?Variation: the pirate bases can buy prisoner pods, but for a lower price.Variation 2: make them take less place in cargo hold.Variation 3: just ignore a newbie's suggestion =)
  • Just another suggestion, about Coalition weapons.If their names are placeholders, I think they should have an index similar to IRL GRAU index.*E* for energy weapons, *M* for missiles and *T* for torpedoes, where * - a numbers.For example: "2E42 Coalition Gattling"If you dont like - just ignore.
  • (Quote from /V\ichael)Yep, seems like "a bit" cruel... But when i was in Inner Core in SP with cargo hold full of prisoners, I thought right this way =) (Quote from /V\ichael)I just meant a cosmetic name change in description. Because, just name a gun "Coalition Gattling" - is not Coalition way (is not russian way at least), it could have something like index (And because to remember all of the indexes can be hell of a brainfry, the former name must remain). Well, I could think more about gun t…
  • (Quote from /V\ichael) I'd guessed Well, not for feeding - for example, for researching physiology, anatomy and so on... Without necessity to kill a test subject, of course.And, second variant: research stations (Such as Willard, Ames, etc) can buy pods, for D-class (Disposable) personnel (j/k)
  • (Quote from /V\ichael)Oh, my misanthropy... Nevermind that post And about control... Yep. The Second Generation of Nomads (Our blue-violet "friends" may also be the reason why DK have no need in their xenoresearch). Next time think twice before posting (Quote from /V\ichael) Yep. That could attract a helluva immature guys of my age or lower(I can control myself about it, mb because I was grown under a mum's watch). And that would be the helluva coding (or I am just dont understand the coding). …
  • Ahh, just another pack of ideas.One guy on ModDB said something about new weaponry in FL. For example, long-range cruise missiles.Further development of his idea: cruise missiles with MIRV (i.e. serveral independent warheads with independent guidance). Is it codable?Well, in one Russian Singleplayer mod (Called Curse of the Dom'Kavash, made by elite-games.ru fans) i saw a multiple rocket launcher system, called "Система РОЙ" ("SWARM system") - launches 5 missiles per shot. I used such a thing (r…
  • (Quote from SWAT_OP-R8R) Yep, that could be a lag. From the other side, that could be only-SP weapon, but that would be not rational (sorry, dunno what word to use) to create a complicated weapon just for SP. And, when I was thinking about it, i had seen it as an battleship-only weapon, and took IRL R-36M (aka SS-18 Satan) as a base.Fresh idea: instead of deploying missiles, deploy homing mines. Oh, that also could be laggy... But then, you can just hold your mine drop button and... Nevermind, …
  • (Quote from /V\ichael) Thx, man, on next time i will know.Oh, just remembered: it is possible to "deploy" temp bases during a quest. So, it is possible to sell such a thing only during SP quest. If crossbreed this idea with my post in "flyable ships" thread, it will be possible to get such an OP thing only for a single mission. But we will have a threat of cheaters, which will be able to get their hands on this thing.But that will be easier just not to add this thing
  • Hmm... Well, MOAR SHIPS!!!111 - is just a good idea. But when I played SP, i had a little time to search something (thats why when I played SP quests - ol' good Sabre all da way), and thus I even dont know where to get themOh, and my own dream: IRL Hind helicopter (Or Apache... Or a Havoc...) without a rotor, but with engines (on place of exhaust tubes) as a transport/heavy fighter
  • (Quote from Husker) BS is almost alway a nightmare in asteroid fields. When I played a Freelancer Discovery mod and got a Nomad Battleship... That was REALLY pain in... um, one place
  • Well... Thats the reason why if I even would buy a Nomad BS - just for screens, not for actual combat. And, BTW, BSses have a world of trouble when its about Trade Lanes and Jump Gates.Back to the "new flyable ships" - I think not so much ships are needed.
  • That reminds me a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or Call Of Pripyat games, where you can modify your weapons and outfit. Well, I dont think that could be possible in FL, but here is an idea: create an item called "Full Ship Upgrade", which can be Power Generator, Shield Upgrade, Armor Upgrade in all and additionally can have a negative cargo space (cleaning cargo space by tightening ship's systems). Or more special types. For example, ERA (explosive reactive armor) could protect from rocket damage, P…
  • (Quote from Rexor) I didnt refined this idea yet Well, that was originally an idea for a single up which buffs almost everything.Another developement: so-called "Specification pack". The Hit-and-runner pack (increases speed), The Meatshield pack (increases armor and shield regen) and The Heavy-hitter pack (increases power output, and so on). Only one pack can be installed at a time.Well, just another idea: install more than one thruster (could be helluva OP).
  • (Quote from /V\ichael) Well... That idea was from SP mod Specification packs were taken from Metro 2033 shooter, where protagonist could buy on his choose or more armored outfit, or more silent.
  • (Quote from Rexor) I played Rebalance too. Once I got a BS beam turret on a fighter, that became boring too fast. And beam turret was even larger than a ship!And BTW about prisoner pods, they also can be sold on Planet Murmansk. I learned it only today.
  • I thought that too. When I landed that giant planet, i was surprised by prices for pods. But thats is logical. If Murmansk is a industrial planet, probably, Coalition uses the prisoners as a workers.
  • And something more about prisoner pods. It is strange that Ensign pods cost 30 000, lower, than the Corporal ones (but Ensign is between sergeant and lieutenant), and Major pods cost 80 000, lower, than the lieutenant ones (100 000).
  • Ah, thats the point. And I probably messing this Ensign with IRL "Praporshik" (Higher than a sergeants, but lower than the officers, or as this rank called in England/USA)
  • Oh now i'll know that. Heh, I think I will even call them "Conscripts" just for myself
  • (Quote from Blade2d) Great idea rly. Then:1)Fly to Buffalo Base.2)Spawnkill every flakking pirate shows.3)After a full cargo bay fly to Texas.4)???????5)PROFIT!!!