Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• I see you have had much fun with the starspheres, did you have much trouble wrapping the texture seamlessley? i found that was one of the biggest pains on the ones i worked on Great stuff though!
  • I'm relatively certain that I was one of the 1st ppl to successfully create a few starspheres using the traditional format coupled with a little bit of cheating. I would imagine I have a good idea how you avoided the complications of the starsphere by not using the sphere at all... Never the less if i can dig out some of my old project data i would certainly love to help contribute to any future releases - so many of my concepts and ideas could never happen *edit* this was because I was trying …
  • The more i hear you speak, the less i want to help, you sound like a little boy with a big chip on his shoulder, listen, im not trying to steal you glorious thunder and for your divine information it was about 4 to 5 years ago that i made the "Denabe" fully custom starsphere as part of my one-man-band mod (which was too much work for me alone). That same starsphere was offered to Evo (which sadly evo collapsed) and yes, it was ...wait for it... fully custom and not a re-make. I am very impresse…
  • I'm certainly not out for a drama, far from - but to answer your question the starsphere is exactly what it sounds like - it is the surrounding "scenery" of each system you enter. I don't know if anyone else has ever tried getting closer to that large hole at one end of Omicron Gamma - but no matter how much you fly, you do not get any closer. This is because your ship will always be in the centre of the starsphere. Although its the "background picture" of that system, it is always anchored to …
  • I would certainly assume that as the mod is not being charged for... same way in which my work is free for all, but im also all about knowledge freedom - so i'll share one or two nuggets of how i at least managed to get a starsphere working. I tended to re-work originals to start with, but as you have pointed out it tends to look naff adjusting the existing ones so i took a step back and looked at the concept of a starsphere... Essentially speaking the txture wrap issue need never be a problem …
  • My apologies to the nature of this thread meandering somewhat, but i hardly consider being branded a liar pointless. here is a link to a fraps video that I took.. Denabe Starsphere Now I am happy to drag my conversation away from this thread.
  • No seriously,, its exactly as it was designed, its basically a ring of nebula - textures applied to a inverted ring - and that nice bright feature at one end to give it pazazz. ...Certainly NOT a re-textured original man, shame on you! Im not saying this is a pinnacle of my work,, but a show of the fact that I have a good grasp on design and making some cool stuff. ..Notice my adaptation of the badlands which was the system just before that new starsphere