Posts by Stan3k

When I played original FL, I used to get pissed off that Alaska, Tohoku, and wherever the "unknown object" jump hole in Omicron Theta, or Alpha (can't remember which one) leads to, couldn't be accessed. FL Discovery mod included Alaska and Tohoku access, but the jump gate to Alaska in NY was still locked. In cf, the original jump holes to Tohoku are still inaccessible, and the jump gate to Alaska from NY is still locked...
    P.S. To get to the Alaska jump gate in NY, take the trade lane to the Texas jump gate. Count 3 fixtures (the entry fixture being the first). At the third, cancel the lane travel. Fly straight to the jump gate. There is a hole in the mine field (like in the story).

In the intro, it looks pretty hardcore, but I didn't see any of it in the game. Maybe it's because I can't get out of the Sirius sector... Where's the extended storyline in crossfire? Is there one? How do I get out of the Sirius sector to the Altair, or Earth sectors? I love exploring. I found all the jh's and visited all the bases in the original FL, so I have no problem exploring. It gets pretty frustrating if I'm not discovering anything new.