Posts by Silver88

I've played another mod long time ago a while, they also had different stats for the battleships and different turrets (lib, bret, kus, rein, order).

BS's
    Liberty BS weak hull and less turrets (12), but more agile and faster

Bretonian BS average hull and more turrets (15), pretty agile and fast

Kusari BS average hull and more turrets (18), not so agile, and slower

Reinland BS strong hull and much turrets (21), but very slow and not agile at all

Osiris BS Very strong hull, few turrets (10), agile and fast

The shield of these BS had no effect at all. about 1000 shield energy with almost no regen.

The battleship fights where pretty cool. You had to be with about 3-4 fighters/bombers to kill one. Very cool for blockades.

how about adding a new feature: "Ship upgrades"

I dont know how far this can be made possible but my idea was to buy ship upgrades when you have done enough killing (NPC or even PLAYERS). The more kills you have, the more upgrades will become available to buy. (for a high price)

Upgrades like: More strafepower, Better agility, Better armor (instead of just buying armor 10), 1 extra gun hardpoint per ship (use 1 hardpoint for this of the original hardpoints of a ship).

A very negative aspect of this is, that it will be hard to control cheating if the ships have different strafepowers.

Another idea (which also can be used in the CF mod)

How about attitude Licences. The more kills the better licence becomes available. Attitude Licences like:
    Humble
    Harmless
    Poor
    Average
    Above Average
    Competent
    Dexterous
    Dangerous
    Very Dangerous
    Deadly
    Very Deadly
    Notorious
    Elite
    Avoid Fight unless deadwish

(i also post this licence suggestion at the CF portal)

i have not mentioned F1'ing during a fight. I'll give an example:

A trader is flying in a system where also a pirate is active.
    The trader is using his cloak but the energy runs low. He has not "seen" the pirate "face to face" yet so he reloads to stay longer in cloak incase the pirate shows up.

It is indeed dishonorable but that will not prevent players from doing it this way.

So i agree with the "cloakfuel" way.

if there is going to be a cloaking device there should also be an anti-claoking weapon/device. Like a CruiseDisruptor but then a CloakDisruptor. Some could think a CloakDisruptor would make de CloakDevice superfluous, but if you make the turn rate about 6.00 / 7.00 you have the shoot in the direction of the ship which you dont always know.

The "cloak fuel" and the cloakdevice itself should indeed be very expenisve.

To use energy instead of "cloak fuel" is not a good idea because if you reload (f1) your bar is full again.