Posts by KineticDesigns

Been a while since i posted here, lost freelancer, then refound it and decided to replay from scratch through the expanded storyline to full completion. Im victorious, i have 198m cash and am now cruising around grabbing upgrades that i missed during the storyline. That was my plan at least. Im starting to have issues getting to certain systems now. Been trying to access X-3043 tried going in via Alaska and Hokkaido but havent been able to even get into the systems. Locked jumpholes and locked gates are preventing me. I do not even have access to alaska anymore. Is there something I'm missing or are these gates and holes supposed to become locked after the storyline. Do i have to start a new game in Open SP to get all these to reopen?

Alternatively, does anyone have a workable path from Sirius to X-3043?

Hey been a long time since i visited here, just put freelancer back onto my computer and wanted to mess around in some SP crossfire. Grinded away missions and combats untill i could afford a liberty gunboat but have found that while its stated having a 200 cargo size, I only have access to 60 before it fills up.

Curious to get the full space available I sold all the stuff that was fitted to my earlier fighter, i took off the advanced tractor beam i bought (i have put it back on having determined it had no effect on my space) but for some reason despite saying I get 200 space, im missing 140 of it. Would love it someone knew what i was doing wrong lol, I need my extra space.

heres a scaled down shot of what i see when docked up just those 60 guys and when i mouse over the largest stack it only highlights that small amount of yellow. Nothing else carried or fitted highlights the equivalent of 140, over half my cargohold space is just absent and unaccounted for.

L9j1SRVh.jpg

aww i wish i found the better shield lol,

my VHF is fantastic against nomads, i comfortably killed the nomad super carrier and even had no issues taking on the 5 battleships + fighters, but those corsairs are heavy on the triggers and the guns are brutal lol

Ok i need an assist now, some advice. Im up to the Nephele Research Mission with the mission crate in the wrecked ship and when i trigger it 2 corsairs ships attack the problem is i cannot survive even a handfull of seconds against thier weapons. literally 4 seconds and im dead though my shields through my hull i literally have to just press my shield battery button repeatedly then i run out. 30s of fighting im dead thier still full hp across the board

Im in a Series R Borderworld VHF with Hornviper Mk I's + a hornviper turret a starkiller torp launcher and a class 8 gravitron shield

Hit for hit I just cannot survive thier gun strength and im at a total loss as to what strat i could use to counter it. I even tried sniping them from inside the wrecked ship but even in the second or 2 we exchange fire my shields were wiped entirely into hull damage and i barely take 1k off thiers. Any suggestions?

Their try to flee you at top speed to get the possibility to turn in engine kill back on you (limits of KI against real pilots). Stupid but ... for you, helpfull :D

:sehrgut:

its very helpfull when they stop evading. I have noticed that the single player nomad interceptors are literal glass cannons and despite not having shields they also drop shield batteries. Is that intentional? Not that im complaining about free shield regen in combat just asking cause, where did they get the shield batts and what for if they cant use them! lol

When i found that epic no jump trade route i stopped doing missions and much to Junis dismay failed to respond to her hails, i made myself several million credits instead! lol

Ok so i just encountered the non classic mission nomad fighters, 19k hp now we're talking! I fought and killed about 8 of them at a jumpgate, by the time i was done i had moved 7.6km off the gate and every last one of those alien freaks was dead! lol

What 'might' look as if they have soo much : unlike we 'human' player can only use bats and bots to 'repair ti the full', they seem to use only a few at a time, not repairing fully but only partial, lets them use them over a longer time.

I have noticed that! i like to fit my ship with faster firing weapons as i find if i keep sustained fire on them they dont pulse thier repairs at all (or maybe they do but my sustained fire is nullifying thier reps and it just doesnt show up), its only when they get off a realy good evade that they get time to boost shields to full and if im not quick they then pulse up the hull. Faster guns also seem to be better at those times where is misfitted my ship and power drains out, i at least have some small pathetic stream of damage still applied on target lol. Am slowly working on finding the right balance for each ship, usually requires me to have spare unfitted guns which i can juggle around as needed

Any idea why after a minute or 2 ships stop evading and just fly straight?

Also another question is it a crossfire thing for commodities to randomly change? I had found a really overpowered route with zero jumps that was netting me 120k credits every 2-3 minutes. But i then progressed further into the story by a level or 2 and when i went back the commodities had totally changed, so i had to go back to the general mission running. No complaints if it is a random thing, that makes it feel more dynamic and if you find a valuable cargo run it makes capitalising on it right then a wise decision as it may move later.

I got a question about the SP mission ai's. Not talking your special targets nomads or anything like that im talking about run ofthe mill random mission npc ships. Is there a limit to thier usage of shield batteries and nanobots? Im finding Its taking up to several minutes to kill each target because of the rampant use of these repairs.

Dont get me wrong though i do agree that they need to use them and i enjoy that theres some degree of difficulty in fights now but when i can park myself behind an enemy hold my trigger down for 30s and watch as it keeps rehealing through that, and then proceed to chase it across space for the next 2-3 minutes as it keeps rehealing to full everytime it does a little afterburner jink and gets my guns off it for 5 seconds it gets a little crazy.

Its worse now that im up to the Blood Dragon base missions where im sent against Kusari Navy. Navy ships are big and fly very slow so i have to make very limited passes or i'll be destroyed by the other ships i cant be chasing. Such fast passes mean my enemy is back to full everything each time and this just drags on. I dont want shield bats/nanos to be taken from npc's just a realistic limit. My ship has 26/26 (heavy fighter) so those Kusari heavies should only have a typical heavy fighter load too, not hundreds. They have enough to reheal to full 10-ish times before they cease all maneuvering, fly straight and let me kill them (why do they do that too? after about 3 minutes they give up evading and just fly in a straight line till i blow them up)

I would just appreciate if now moaning will not start. We have been constantly saying we are close to finish - which we were. But as long as the mod development wasnt finished at all we also have made additional addons and did extent the mod a lot further from what we initially wanted it to be. So all i can say, be prepared and stay tuned. We made a lot of good progress over the past month and i am sure in the next few weeks we will also finish some further stuff. Aside from this you need to know that we dont work on the mod day in day out. Its not our profession - we do all the work in our spare time. And spare time means its the time we can put aside from our alls busy real life, work time, family and friends.

You will know at least a week if not two in advance before we are going to bring out the final release.

while im one of those who's very eagerly awaiting 2.0 (because for some reason i cannot fix the graphic probs on my new computer, im also very agreeing to the idea of "get it done right". I can wait patiently if it means that the final release is perfect and i can download it install it and play it just like that. Would hate for the dev guys to cave zip what they got and dump it online with any bugs and issues that might be still pending attention.

I'll keep checking every couple of weeks untill i find out its done then i'll snap up the download and hopefully my computer behaves with 2.0! lol

white textures should be gone in Cf2.0

but it indicates a texture size limitation on your graphic card (just saying)

thats something i wouldnt ever have a clue how to fix lol, i got this card cause my old one, i think it was amd as well, blew up and needed to be thrown away and replaced so i threw down some extra money and got myself a nice 4gb card and boosted my system specs much bigger than any previous upgrade lol

But all that doesnt help me wen it comes to things like technical issues lol. Do you know anything about AMD Radeon R9 200 series cards that could help me fix the snowman trent issue? Matbe theres something in the catalyst control center i could try, im still battling this read only thing too at the moment, I might have to call the place i got my comp from and see if they know how to stop it

I tried the properties thing to remove read only, it didnt work, i tried the uac change, the cmd attribute and a new user account too but couldnt stop it resetting my freelancer, or every other folder back to read only. I have done a system restore back to before i tried to install FL and am currently redownloading my new graphics driver again. A Google search suggested the read only thing is common and it can sometimes be almost impossible to fix. If my system restore hasnt fixed it i may have to get someone with more computer knowledge to actually come and fiddle with my machine to solve it.

I hope i have my FL woes fixed before 2.0 comes out, i was pretty far into the missions on my old comp, i want to get some experience/practice and progress in 1.9 again before 2.0 lol

hi Martind Forlon

my screen res outside FL is 1920x1080 in true color (32 bit). I have directx11 installed, it came with the system. Am i able to have to have 9 as well or does 11 replace 9 altogether?

Seems it might be an issue with the write protection? I hadnt thought of that and so far its proving impossible to erase the Read-Only setting on my FL folder. Apparently its a known issue too, so i will have to waste a couple hours trying to kill this Read Only thing before i can get back to trying to fix freelancer /sigh

((First off, guilty of digging up this thread i know im sorry.))

Well hello, guess who also has no textures in manahttan bar/trent/juni a loading screen that looks like a blob of very wet clay and explosions that are big white squares? Yep

I spent like 7 hour going through everything in this post last night, i uninstalled FL and crossfire like 8 or 9 times, restarted my computer like a dozen times i updates my graphic drivers and all sorts of stuff lol. tried the different file edits - added my card to the list, admin modes, compatability modes, changing settings in game, turning off 3d sound, turning off the special effects enhb shaders or whatever they were, adding the -dx

What trully irks me though is the fact that up to may this year, my older win7 64 machine ran crossfire PERFECTLY. NEVER had a single issue, installed FL, installed flmm, installed crossfire, played.

Skip to tonight and i decided to fire it up on my new machine and, this. All this lol. I had some issues getting basic FL to run but found its cause i was trying to run it at higher than 1024 x 768 which caused it to fail for some reason "freelancer has stopped working". But by setting res to 1024x768 it runs AND explosions are explosions and trent is not a snowman lol. So, im completely utterly dumbfounded as to what could be causing crossfire to go berserk right now.

If it helps im on win7 professional SP1 64 bit, i have 16g ram Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz and my graphics is AMD Radeon R9 200 Series with up to date drivers. My guess is its something related to my card, does anyone have any advice/experience with my brand of card that could help me beat this problem?