Posts by Arvedui

Originally posted by oMarauder
    wow. i am noticing some serious hormone problems here. there's a cure for that, you know? it's pretty simple, you know?

to take a cold shower?

as you may know, im a scientist and thus my point of view of the nobel prizes is 'scientific', mostly apolitical:

you get a nobel prize in chemistry, physics, or economics when you make a discovery or formulate a theory important enough to deserve a prize, not when you declare you are willing to do a discovery or to formulate a theory

the same can be said about medicine nobel prizes. the guy that gets the prize is the one that cures the disease, not the one that declares he will make efforts to cure it

you get a nobel prize in literature when you are a writer that has already written something that deserves a prize, not when you declare you are going to write something really good

(and yes, i usually know the works of the guys that get the nobel prizes in chemistry and physics, and sometimes also the ones hat get the medicine one, and usually they deserve it. simply its difficult to know about them if you are not a scientist as is difficult for me to know about economics winners as im not an economist)

consequently, i expect the nobel peace prize to be granted to somebody that has achieved some results in his search for peace, not to somebody that has simply declared he wants the world peace (that, on the other way, seems to be the final goal of most competitors in the miss universe contest) and is willing to make some efforts to achieve it

from my point of view, this man (regardless of him being the president of the usa or the last worker of the smallest factory of kuala lumpur, or of him being black, white, or purple) has not done achievements enough to get the prize, so he doesnt deserves it yet.

if he manages to get done all the stuff he promised then he maybe will deserve the prize, but not yet...

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Gunny
    Huor is not referring to legitimate NPC kills, he is referring to players who use NPC instead of suicide in order to get around paying for their new equipment.

thats the point, if you can prove he is doing that then ok, ban the guy, but if you "always consider the worst case", as huor states, you are also punishing those legitimate NPC kills

about the honour... yes, i cannot but agree with you about the lost of it, but we have always have honorless guys onboard and that never justified that we lose our own honour :/

so, now its against the server rules to be killed by NPCs...

...good, good, maybe somebody should tell those DKs about this new rule

no, seriously... things are going too far. you cannot punish people if you cannot prove they are breaking a rule. thats not ethical.
    if you cannot prove somebody is suiciding, then he is not suiciding

you can name that also preventive banning... even more, you could ban everybody out of your sight range as maybe they are cheating and you cannot see it... just to be sure, you know *ironic mode off*

have you even thought of the consequences?

what do you think is going to think about the police of this server any new player that is banned just because he was not good enough to beat a NPC squad?

and that other not so noob that got killed while he was typing coz he was not aware of that DK fighter that appeared suddenly?

and what happens when the console reports a NPC kill that in fact is a pvp kill?

on the other hand now missions become really challenging again, as if you fail you will lose something more than your life

even more, what do you think op will think when he starts receiving loads of claims about this by banned players that in fact broke no rule

and when people leaves the server because the SP are no more fair and ban without any reason?

nobody says to be a SP is easy. we know it and we thank you guys for taking that hard job. but to get a badge does not give you the right to jump over the ethics of this server and its long tradition of fairness

during all the years ive been here -and ive been here much longer than any of you (but op and spiky)-, nobody has been banned without a very good reason. that has given our SPs and server admins a good reputation inside and outside the server. just the opposite to other well known servers where the SPs are known because of their unfair and arbitrary actions

by doing such a preventive banning you endanger the reputation of the whole server, as the banned players will eventually leave and spread news about unjustified bannings in here... and of course that will endanger the number and quality of the new players that decide to take a look on this server

for those reasons i ask you to reconsider the "killed by NPC" rule above

if you need help with cheaters just ask for it, but do not leave the good way to take the easy way

you know you are old when you can remember all the guys that posted in this kind of threads...

you know you are very old when almost nobody else can do it... ^^

the most scary thing is that you can translate it to spanish word by word and it will still have the same exact meaning...
    ...women speak the same language everywhere 8o