Confirming MD5 good download.

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by denne.

• I am trying to make sure I have a good copy of CF2.0 as I have had random crashes in the past, mostly while playing & sometimes while launching.
    These crashes force me to do clean game install as they will error out when trying to boot back up otherwise.
    It has been awhile since I played so I don't remember the exact error but if I find it again I will post up in case it can help.

CF2.0 on ModDB has both the MD5 hash & full size listed in the download section which matches my download perfectly:
    Size 2.6gb (2,792,311,747 bytes)
    MD5 Hash a25f2f95aa1ef634361fbe5e7f58cbc7

However, on the "foolproofed installation guide pt.2" i randomly found on these forums, the guy says that the download size numbers should be:
    size : 2,69 GB (2.893.921.598 Bytes)
    size on data carrier : 2,69 GB (2.893.922.304 Bytes)

Both numbers do not match my download at all; downloaded from ModDB just to make sure installer was same as the one from this site, since it says "updated on Oct 1,2015" vs 09/2015 on the SwatPortal download.
    Is this referring to an older or alternate version?

Thanks & Cheers

• the "foolproofed installation guide" is some years old and the writer of the guide, APE, is unfortunately not active anymore. a lot of changes happened since introducing 2.0, many bugs were found and corrected, some more suggestions were built in. i'm quite sure the size of the installation file also changed meanwhile.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link