Posts by pcforce

Through BIOS, force the memory timings to more relaxed ones, then fit all mem modules and see if it works. Also let us know the default memory timings for single module and the ones you eventually tried with.

If we gonna post rigs, i'll just say that my 2,5 years old gf 6600 still rocks due to my modifications. Too bad that the TV-out get burnout :D

Volcano Ultimate is the name of another subwoofer, just a concept for now because of several reasons. First, such subwoofer design can't be placed under software simulation; its expensive to build and eventually if i make it real that would be for fun and sell for profit. Idea is to design a subwoofer without really taking to concideration any restrictions.

More information and pictures soon.

I'm looking for A/V Receiver (stereo one or for home theatre) and now the tricky part - there should be output for passive subwoofer. All has output for active subwoofer but i hardly found only one which also has output for passive sub. I'm talking about this one here. But i know nothing about this brand and model. Maybe you know more or have seen other receivers with required subwoofer output?

With all my respect, the conclusions i make so far are that on the meeting LR staff offered some pretty stupid ideas. Wonder even how ppl running such place as LR managed to come with them. I doubd its lack of ideas, probably someone is just a bit greedy.

I wanted to post full article here or on DC website but verry likely that wont be possible. Thats because the article seems like going to be sold pretty soon to bulgarian computer based website. I'll be able to give you the link but i dont know how you're going to translate it.

I'm not sure how fl server exe would act cause i dont see way to test that without getting some ppl playing on it but whats for sure that freelancer exe is successfully balanced on 2 (and eventually more) cores automatically by windows.

I'll give example of ready subs on the market for about the same price:

1) Jamo E3 SUB - 70W, 8 inch drive, a bit smaller size, 6.6kg
    2) Sony SA-WM250 - 100W, 8inch drive (?), about same volume, 19kg
    3) Pioneer S-W90S - 85W, 6,5inch (16cm) drive, 11,5kg

all of them are active subwoofers (built in amplifier). Active subwoofers dont have internal isolation which should make the sound softer. You cant place them in your trunk. Much less power. Frequency response is not bad but not that good. Speaker size is smaller and size does matter when we talk about sound and music. Not to mention the weight, concidering the similar size + built in amplifiers of some of the subs - they still are lighter.

Hard to find good comparison. You can try here. I think you mean the socket 939 models which are practically the same as their desktop analouges - in this case X2 4000+ (Opteron 170) and X2 4400+ (Opteron 175). As far as i remember you wanted to use 1 core for fl server and the other core - for additional program working with some files/equipment for FL. In this case would be best to go for 170 or 175(unless too expensive). Its possible to allow fl to use both cores and the additional program - only one of the cores. With some more work should be possible to force most windows processes to work only on specific core. There is difference how 1 processor and dual-core processor act under load. As example single core proc verry easy hit 100% load no matter how fast is it, dc proc will do that much rare even if its running on lower speed.

Due to some technical problems this wont be long and i wont post the booring things. Subwoofer is ready except the logo and the foundation havent been fit with steel screws. Whole structure is heavy enough to seal the bottom. Here is some info:

- external size: 360mm width, 400mm deep, 550mm height
    - ~70L external volume, ~54L internal volume
    - 5-6cm batting on all internal sides except front panel
    - bass-reflecs tube, f80, 225mm long, two flared ports
    - 4 port golden plated terminal
    - wooden screws to the rest of the places
    - speaker - Pioneer TS-W307D4, 12" inch (30cm cone), Composite IMPP Cone using Interlaced Aramid Fiber, Cone Reinforcement Arcs, Wide Roll Three-Layer Fiber Woven Radial, 4-Layer Long Voice Coil, Phenol Resin Coated Glass Cloth, Double Mass High-Power (83oz) Magnet Construction, Integrated Single-Sided Silver Compression Terminals, two voice coils (4ohm each), sensitivity 89db, 400W RMS, 18Hz - 500Hz

For test i used my old micro Hi-Fi 2x10W @4ohm (however the speaker has two modes - 2ohm and 8ohm so i went for 8ohm at one of the channels which makes no more than 5W at the output). Also there was no low-pass filter and many of the sounds like voice and so were hollow. Bass is clear and strong, still able to be heard around the apartment with closed doors. Only problem seems to be the grill, which starts to vibrate too easy, creating annouing sound. This effect was particially neutralized with adjusting the screws holding the speaker and the grill at same time but i wonder what would happen when more power is send to the speaker.