I'm at a bit of a loss here. I've played crossfire on this system before and completed the crossfire campaign successfully so I'm reasonably certain it's not a hardware issue, and the game plays fine up to that point. But even having uninstalled both freelancer and crossfire, downloaded and installed fresh copies of both, I still run into the exact same error. I even tried using one of the downloadable game saves and the same thing happens. I get through mission 21 fine, talk to Tobias in Leeds, then follow the prompt to take off. But when I reach the loading screen after taking off, I hear a half second of static without any visual glitch, and the screen changes to my ship landing on Leeds. I am essentially trapped there at that point. And yes I did read the readme and never loaded an autosave. I'm not sure if something got messed up in a recent update or what but it's quite frustrating to say the least.

• pretty hard to tell what could be the reason

only advice I could give is to load a savegame from a mission before and try it again from that point

maybe a trigger somehow was missing during that past mission.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Update: I tried going back and loading previous saves again, and I can land on and launch from planets normally right up until I land on new berlin. I'm wondering if something in the autosave that happens right as you land is messing up launching?

• hard to tell

autosaves contain ten thousands of story related values

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Update: I managed to get out of the bug, finally, after several dozen attempts. I tried taking off, got stuck, switched to one of the ships available on leeds before taking off again. Not sure if it was switching ships or switching weapons, or something else entirely but it finally let me off the dang planet and seems to be functioning normally so far now. Bit of a letdown to have to sell off the good ship I had before that but whatever, I can waste a few million credits and an hour finding and buying another one I guess...