REVIEW - Need for Speed Underground

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lord_Andy.

• The babes, the cars, the music. That is what its all about. After growing up in the world with Fast and Furious has made the new generation mad about fast hardcore driving games. Burnout was released and a follow up as well and it satisfied speed freaks, but for the gamers that were truly after the full illegal street racing experience, Burnout was somewhat lacking. NFSU, satifies this thirst. This racing game is gold.

EA have done another fantastic job. The game is a visual treat as soon as you switch the console on. This shocked me as I was playing the PS2 version, but it was true. The graphics were fantastic. The city landscape moves slicky around you as you shoot down a back alleyway at 120mph.
    I myself dislike the PS2 controller, but I was able to pick up and play straight away, with all the controls were I'd expect them to be. The gameplay is totally engrossing. After a steady 2 hours of play I had to drag myself away from the screen. The cars all handle as they would in real life, and a nice touch is when you crash into an oncoming bus, and the action slows down, to give you an action shot of what is happening. This brought a smile to my face. There is nothing like watching a tuned up Peugeot 206 go flying into the air and spinning round several times before hitting the floor.
    Have you ever tried the build your own car games on the net? Right take that but add more. Take it to the greatest detail you could ever do possibly. That is what makes this game great. You take a normal car, and tune it. Not only the way it looks, but the way it performs as well. You can add nifty little things like neon lights on the underside of your car, you can tint the windows, you make it rev like a beast. The more races you win, the more stuff you can do with your car, and that seems something good to aim for. The better your car is, the better your rep. The rankings board allows you to keep track of how you are doing in the illegal racing world, and of course the top spot in every area gives you something to aim for
    This game can be played by anyone, but will only be truly appreciated by people who enjoy the genre. If you enjoy racing of any form then I would strongly recommend this game.

Total Score:- 90%

"Where is the Horse and the Rider?
    Where is the Horn that was blown?
    It has passed like rain on the mountains,
    like wind in the meadows

The days have gone down in the west,
    Behind the hills to shadow"
    [SIZE=1]JRR Tolkien[/SIZE]

• U sure they cheat? Or is it just you? Lol

"Where is the Horse and the Rider?
    Where is the Horn that was blown?
    It has passed like rain on the mountains,
    like wind in the meadows

The days have gone down in the west,
    Behind the hills to shadow"
    [SIZE=1]JRR Tolkien[/SIZE]

• theyre 1 1/2 laps away then all of a sudden they pass me like nothing, not to mention the speed they were going, this thing really pissed me off

not to mention unlimited nitro for the pc side

• yeah the comp makes it harder when ur way ahead of ur oponents

Lord_Andy
    Wingleader of CSP

[1752] Bow For The Lord [1752]

• Its a great pick-up-and-play game, but...as with all EA games, theres no depth.
    yes, catch-up is stupidly good, and yes, the AI is dumb...but if u want a game thats all about looking shiny this is the one. I will admit i couldnt put it down until id finished it.
    Flawed, but still the best thing EA have done in a long time (and yes, that includes Battlefield and MOH...tbh i just despise EA ;))

• indeed, but who wouldnt like a tuning game.
    Building ur streetracer career and tune ur ass off is just plane fun !!!

Lord_Andy
    Wingleader of CSP

[1752] Bow For The Lord [1752]