startrek online

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• the story missions are if you are a star trek fan

after that it becomes a bit repetitive grind

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• well played it liked it but i have hit a bug playing Romulans when you have to go to ready room and read files do that and nothing happens can't go forward such a shame

• dunno, its been some time I have played it

but such bugs actually should not happen at all.

I personally would not have started playing as romulan.

Based on the storyline federation and klingons come first.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, I have 11 chars, 3 of them are romulans.

I played this game for a pretty long time up to the point where I spent way too much time with min-maxing.

A few years ago I stopped playing after I got the invitation to the diamond dps league. From there there was not really much to accomplish and well... I had work on CF waiting to be done.

Most certainly new content was released in the meantime but the clear focus of content releases back then was based on voyager (which I dont really like) and most certainly shifted to Discovery and Picard crap now (which I really would want to avoid).

There are a bunch of very good older story missions.

There is a somewhat creepy one involving the Devidians - what lies beneath.

There was a really good one in fluidic space where you got to rescue some gekli and learn about their symbiotic relationship with another race (a mission which no longer is in the game for some stupid reason).

And there is the mission where you get your first horta. "No kill I" (i just love that mission).

My biggest issue with STO is the imbalance between the factions and ships aswell as the totally outdated game engine (specifically the animations and the way too intense use of effects in space combat).

The game is very good if you are into min-maxing stuff. Once you understand the mechanics you can turn your ship into a dps monster.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• cool but in the end i had to skip that mission have read that there are a few bugs in game they did a big update this year so hope they will sort things out

• If star trek in general is your thing and you can ignore that the game engine looks a bit older. Sure yes.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,