Can't seem to stay connected

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by CmdrJameson.

• Greetings all.

I joined the CF server last night (Thanks to the guy who helped me out).

Problem: I can't stay connected, today, more than a few minutes at a time. Last night seemed ok, but I did lose connection a couple times.

I'm in California.

Any suggestions?

I have a business DSL line that works excellent in everything else... suggestions welcome :)

Z

• for starters make sure 3d sound is disabled.

[SIZE=5]Crossfire Police Department[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Duty above all but Honor[/SIZE]

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

[11] [9] [36] [50]
    Chars: [Capt]Osiris[CFPD]; [Capt]Osiris{CFPD}; [CFPD]Osiris; [CFPD]Osiris_Freighter;{Capt}Osiris[CFPD];
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• that wont cause a disconnection, it will only CTD.

- Make sure no music or programs are running in background,
    - check ur ping to the server, you may be experiencing the ping timeout. The server is based in Germany.

• Umm, I don't know if it's related at all, but I can't seem to stay connected either. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my install (it's been working fine since the mod came out), but for some reason today whenever I'd go on the server yellow lag would begin immedeately. Then, after about 2 minutes, it would slow to a solid red and crash the entire server unless I'd immedeately F1 and reload the char (which seemed to take my lag back to the original yellow). After the 3rd time this happened, my global server list disappeared and I had to find alternate means to connect. Is this all coincidence, serverside problems, or my connection misbehaving? ?(

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• The problem seemed to resolve over time. I have a below-average connection speed and maybe that was a contributing factor. If the server lags, I usually end up crashing before anyone else does (if it all). Maybe upgrading my DSL again might help...

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• I'm experiencing strange lags often, even when
    I check the ping in Allseeing Eye and it's below 10 (!),
    I get yellow or even red symbols... any idea what that
    could be? No other programs running or such...

Jameson out