GLOBAL SERVER DOWN

There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Blaster.

• after the restart this afternoon i found that the global server was down does any1 else have this problem?

hope u do as i dont want to be the only 1 with this problem as everything seems to happen to me rofl.

aaaaahhh just been to look and its back up.

can u plz delete this thread OP plz

WE ALL DIE AND THEN ARE REBORN

• As I tried to get online for the first time with 1.62 yesterday, I had the same problem, but just as I wanted to get back to Crossifre Main Menu, the global server was back again :D

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
    For he, today that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother...

• It is down for me as well.

I have been on 1.62 twice without any problem.

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

=====================================
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• Global server has been behaving inpolitely for the past few hours. Here is the solution to your problem:

Originally posted by darkstalker
    Try to connect directly, To do this open the FL prgram files open the .exe dir and click on the file called fldirectip.hta and enter the server IP (212.227.23.76) and then use the run FL option

This will allow you to connect with the server until the global lists are back in proper, running order. :D

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D:

• That didn't work for me.

It went through the normal startup to the server page, showed disconnected from global server for approx 2 secs, and then try to connect to the global server again.

My ping time to cross to CF server is 318.

So unless the default port is incorrect in flrirectip I might just have to wait for the GS to behave?

Chars : DC_Red_Katipo, DC_Red_Katipo*, DC_Red_Katipo**, DC_Red_Katipo^, DC_Red_Katipo^^

'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
    (Albert Einstein)

• ** Bugger **
    It worked this time!!

I must of %$#*ed it up the first time.

(Albert Einstein)

• I tried all of that and I was able to see all the servers exept Crossfire....do I have to wait longer for it to apear or what?

• Probably it was offline at the time you looked...or you didnt see it.
    If the server is online or not, you can see on the crossfire.swat-portal page

If you have trouble to find the Crossfire server in the list, activate the filter option to hide servers with incompatible builds

Shall be my brother...

• heres a way to bypass the global server list:

Find you Freelancer shortcut on desktop,
    Go onto Properties,
    find the line: Target "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe"

Then change it to this...
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe" -s212.227.23.76:2302

When you want to go onto crossfire, you go onto LAN and 24/7 Crossfire is in that list, and it does the same as directip.hta

my oppinion this is better.

• I found that way to get on in some old treads aswell, done it, now I can see CF server also on the server list :D

I´ve also posted it somewhere here...for other pipl who have probs with the direct login file...

Shall be my brother...

• Global server workaround.

Read above

(Albert Einstein)

• well, the server is DOWN FOR ME

i cant see either global server or crossfire

and im ALWAYS using fldireptip.hta because of the last problam with the global server

so, any idea how to come to the server?

• I was using the tool and it worked fine the first time. Then came heavy lag about 20 seconds after I logged on and the server crashed. I waited for the server to reboot, but now it's back up and bobody seems able to access it... (I'm asuming that's why there's 25 of us on the forum atm?)

24/7 SWAT CF veteran from sometime before 1.6 up into 1.82. Lots of memories!
    Built 88 chars between DC, BD, UAC,
    STC, and freelancers. Ashes to ashes, alas? D: