Windows XP x64 software?!

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Lost_Heaven.

• Hey all. Before an year i got a copy of Windows XP x64 for AMD installed and i tried to leave the MCE 2005 and move all to the new one. However this couldnt happend there were not enough 64-bit software - when you're running 64-bit OS you usually want to use a native 64-bit software. Dont get me wrong - WoW64 is doing great job with 32bit software. So here it goes again, a year later i decided to revive the old installation and see what i can do for it and what it can do for me.
    I spend whole night in searching for 64-bit version of most common software. So far i found the following native 64-bit softare (I underline "native" becouse many other programs support x64 system but actually they are 32bit):

- Firefox 1.6 alpha (Deer Park Alpha 2)
    - 7-zip (great archive program - can take place over winzip and winrar with no problems)
    - Acrobat Reader 7.0.7 (not sure - its german version and i still want to find english one)
    - i read about avast, norton, nod32 64bit software hopefully they are native x64.
    - some games - Far Cry x64, UT2004 ...

not a long list isnt it?

64-bit version of future next office (also currently known as Office 12) is under development too. I see nothing for nero burning rom, icq/msn/mirc/xchat, winamp/media player, winrar/winzip and many many more. If you found more native x64 programs pls let me know - there alot of ppl here that can use this info - post it here.

• hi there

all known 32bit soft is running great on x64
    without antivirus, virtual cd drives, drivers

so i found a 64bit version of deamon tools, do great jobs
    avast antivirus does wok too

so i ever seqarching for drivers for my tv card but i dont find them and there are nothing atm .....

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

AMD Athlon64 4000+ l 2048 RAM l 2xMsi NX7800GTX in Sli l DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR (NVIDIA nForce4 SLI) l 1000GB Hdd l 17"CRT l FL@1280x960x32bit l XP64 with sp1

• Greetings!!!!

I hace been running WinXP Pro x64 since 12/05...

At that time, only 2 AV (x64) apps available ....

Avast Home is free-use and works very well.....

http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html

Wife bought me AMD64 X2 and 2Gb RAM....
    FreeLancer CrossFire 1.56 runs GREAT!!!!
    Updating to 1.62 soon...

Recently got TV function back.....
    X64 is SWEET....

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

• Some screens from it while installing and running. Thought might be interesting:

The role of the rabbit here is verry important. Look at it carefully cause without it, this OS would never install and run right :D

And history repeat itself ...

Where is the fun without music?!

Now almost done!

Finally!