What are you listening to right now?

There are 9,539 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• "The thing I treasure most in life cannot be taken away

There will never be a reason why I will surrender to your advice

To change myself, I'd rather die

Though they'll not understand

I will make the greatest sacrifice

You can't predict where the outcome lies

You'll never take me alive!"

Wasn't the first song that I heard of Disturbed, but definitely one that got me hooked. It nicely reflected how I felt back then - and, in a way, still do.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• And this one would have been handy back when I was in school.

"So if you're able to survive

And still you find yourself alone

You will begin to realize

That you are stronger on your own

And when you're able to decide

That you don't want this anymore

You'll be the one to turn the tide

For you are stronger on your, stronger on your own."

• Definitely, I'm also on my own though (beside The Creator and my brother - best friend), but he is a thousand miles away from me ever since 2012 (he'll be back in Varna sooner or later).

When you're on your own... you can grow the strongest if you let it, you don't need a pack to be strong and your friends will recognize and respect that.

giphy.gif

• When you're on your own... you can grow the strongest if you let it, you don't need a pack to be strong and your friends will recognize and respect that.

Well, I prefer interpreting that song as more related to romantic stuff, as an aromantic's anthem of sorts. Since, well, I was able to decide that I don't want this anymore.

(It was actually related to the discussion we had earlier - my point was not in that I can't find someone, my point was that I don't want to find that someone and I'm SICK TO DEATH of everyone and everything around me trying to convince me that it's wrong and I shouldn't feel that way even when I have my own, perfectly rational reasons for it.)

But if you put it that way - when you're on your own, do you even have friends? Or do you even have to give a flak about their recognition and respect? Speaking of that, what kind of friends do you surround yourself with that you have to question whether they recognize and/or respect you and/or earn said recognition/respect by being strong?

Then again, I know jack shit about friendship, so...

• Well, I prefer interpreting that song as more related to romantic stuff, as an aromantic's anthem of sorts. Since, well, I was able to decide that I don't want this anymore.

(It was actually related to the discussion we had earlier - my point was not in that I can't find someone, my point was that I don't want to find that someone and I'm SICK TO DEATH of everyone and everything around me trying to convince me that it's wrong and I shouldn't feel that way even when I have my own, perfectly rational reasons for it.)

I think you're overreacting, but here it goes:

I knew that shortly after you told me your story, which was... months ago? I wasn't trying to convince you, all I did was giving you my opinion and whether or not you take it is up to you because -> Your Life, Your Choices. If you want to be single, that's fine... though if you're the only guy in your family, you'll be stopping the family line, however if you decide to find yourself a wife -> you'll continue the family line, leaving a legacy. That's what the purpose of marriage is, beside the obvious (being in love is so awesome and so on) and women being the greatest creation ever, etc etc. haha.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -> Your Life, Your Choices.

But if you put it that way - when you're on your own, do you even have friends?

Yes, a few. I used to have a lot of friends, but many have left and only a few stayed, those who are real.

Or do you even have to give a flak about their recognition and respect?

Of course not. I don't give a "flak's" a** about anyone's opinion or recognition of me. I do whatever I please regardless of their opinion, recognition or respect, it just gets noticed over time, that's all.

Speaking of that, what kind of friends do you surround yourself with that you have to question whether they recognize and/or respect you and/or earn said recognition/respect by being strong?

With those who respect me and value me as a person and are always by my side -> those are real friends. Being strong is just... well, I'll have to tell you my whole story to understand me. Even though I had a lot of friends with whom I had fun with in my childhood, I was also isolated and alone, struggling with no one there to help me out (except my RL best friend - brother) who is the only person in my life with whom I share everything. But being alone and trying to survive the trials of life makes you a fighter, gold or silver can't shine unless it's put into the fire first and then beaten a lot (yeah, I quoted that from The Scriptures).

Anyway, a childhood's song:

Time to go... long day's ahead, take care man.

• If you want to be single, that's fine... though if you're the only guy in your family, you'll be stopping the family line, however if you decide to find yourself a wife -> you'll continue the family line, leaving a legacy. That's what the purpose of marriage is, beside the obvious (being in love is so awesome and so on) and women being the greatest creation ever, etc etc. haha.

Well... one of the reasons why I made that decision is that I wouldn't be a good spouse or parent, as well as for other reasons. And... I don't really give a flak about continuing the family line.

I might change my decision if the conditions change, but... I will not necessarily see it as a good thing.

As about women being the best creation, didn't you also claim that most of them are "vain, shallow and heartless gold diggers"? :trollface:

But being alone and trying to survive the trials of life makes you a fighter, gold or silver can't shine unless it's put into the fire first and then beaten a lot

We all are different, remember? Not all of us are gold and silver. Sometimes I think that some (at least one particular person) are mercury - shapeless, flighty and poisonous as fuck.

P.S. "We Got This" turns out to be a nice Carrier theme.

shot-20.08.05_15.46.01-0401.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay ().

• As about women being the best creation, didn't you also claim that most of them are "vain, shallow and heartless gold diggers"? :trollface:

Mhm... unfortunately, but we men are no different, it's different for each gender -> We view women as "sex machines" while they want from us pretty much everything (hence - gold diggers), REAL love is rare nowadays, of course I am not including the "One Night Stands", those are... well, I wouldn't say 'different', but still...

We all are different, remember? Not all of us are gold and silver. Sometimes I think that some (at least one particular person) are mercury - shapeless, flighty and poisonous as fuck.

Not all of us are "gold" & "silver", only those who withstand the trials of being shaped, but that's a life-long process and the key difference is -> Who does the shaping.

• Mhm... unfortunately, but we men are no different, it's different for each gender -> We view women as "sex machines"

Speaking for yourself out there? :D

(Just in case, I'm just trolling. I don't want to genuinely offend you so if I'm stepping over the line, warn me ^^ )

• Speaking for yourself out there? :D

(Just in case, I'm just trolling. I don't want to genuinely offend you so if I'm stepping over the line, warn me ^^ )

giphy.gif

Maybe as my old self. Though, the summer season is really really... tempting, but I'm still holding on.

"Понякога живота трае само чаша джин, затова поисках моя да е Братя Грим"
    "Ponyakoga ghivota trae samo chasha jin, zatova poiskah moya da e Bratya Grim"
    "Sometimes life lasts only a glass of gin, that's why I asked mine to be The Grimm Brothers".

Fun fact: Grim (Грим) in bulgarian means "Makeup". ^^

???

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Наливай ми до горе, горе / Nalivai mi do gore, gore / Pour me up, up

За миналото мое, мое / Za minaloto moe, moe / For the past of mine, mine

Оставам си виновен / Ostavam si vinoven / I'm staying guilty

Но искам всичко да е твое! / No iskam vsichko da e tvoe! / But I want everything to be yours!

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

???

???Born by the music, die by the music???

• Maybe as my old self. Though, the summer season is really really... tempting, but I'm still holding on.

Eh, fair enough.

Okay, this one's something you might like... though granted, this just popped as recommended and I post this here mostly because of artwork.

And this one for myself.

• Eh, fair enough.

Yeah... when you're single and all around you are walking half - naked hotties, pfff.... I love summer (my favorite season), but being single in that season is torture. ^^

Yeah, that one is a really nice one! Here's something similar:

These two songs NEVER GET OLD!

And something appropriate for the season ^^

• Yeah, that one is a really nice one!

Eh, as I said, I checked that out because of 9S artwork. Bonus points, it seems to be Route C/D 9S (and Route C/D 9S has but two emotional settings: "bitter grief" and "murderous rage").

And since I got reminded of N:A again?

Again, I don't like the fact that those lyrics are in some con-lang only 3,5 people understand, but... this song plays in the most emotional moments in the game. Of particular note is the Ending A/B, when it turns out 9S got infected with a Logic Virus and Toobs has to strangle him... ("It always... *sob* ends like this...") I probably would have cried if I didn't know that 9S survives that.

But let's change the mood?

"I want to breathe the open air, to shed the mask I had to wear..." becomes appropriate during quarantine. Not that we still have it (we don't).

I didn't play Exodus though. I had a beef with a certain detail in Last Light.

• I actually loved the Pyramid Concept Art, it was epic.

Anywho:

• I actually loved the Pyramid Concept Art, it was epic.

Was that from Metro Exodus? Again, I didn't play it. I didn't even push for good ending in LL because getting all the positive karma points made it unbearably boring.

Also:

when you're single and all around you are walking half - naked hotties, pfff.... I love summer (my favorite season), but being single in that season is torture.

It helps being single and dead or numb on the inside. "Deine Glück ist nicht Meine Glück, ist Meine Unglück" (Rammstein - Feuer Frei).

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay ().

• Was that from Metro Exodus? Again, I didn't play it. I didn't even push for good ending in LL because getting all the positive karma points made it unbearably boring.

Nope, the song "Date of Expiration" which also has "Conspiracy" written on the cover, hahaha.

Also:

It helps being single and dead or numb on the inside. "Deine Glück ist night Meine Glück, ist Meine Unglück" (Rammstein - Feuer Frei).

Yeah, well... I am full of life from the inside (fountain of living waters), so I can't bring myself to this... aaaand I love women, way too much. ^^

GOLD retro pop-folk (real bulgarian pop-folk), too bad that nowadays are only for parties which... I don't mind, but still...

• Nope, the song "Date of Expiration" which also has "Conspiracy" written on the cover, hahaha.

Eh, I'm not sure where Funker Vogt is going these days. I've heard they had some changes in the band. Plus, they started doing more songs in German (they used to mostly sing in English, though there were songs in German occasionally, e.g. "Funker Vogt" or "Funker Vogt 2nd Unit").

But "Conspiracy" is their relatively fresh (2020) EP.