How does this MP thing work?

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by {LP}50Pack{X}.

• I read thru the FAQ and checked the server forums but didn't see my questions answered. Maybe its because its obvious don't know really so here it goes.

- I was wondering where the server is located? (please say somewhere in EU!)
    -Whats this ID thing? I know you need 1 to play in multiplayer from the FAQ but how do you get it? do you need to somehow sign up to play on the server?
    -RP is obligatory right? so how or who does everyone else know if ur a Pirate, policeman or whatnot. By your actions? or is there some kind of ingame system that makes it obvious? Or u have to declare it in chat?

Reason I'm asking is that i don't want to join the server and then get immediately banned for not having an ID,
    or killing the guy flying towards me in a threatening posture when all he wanted was to sell me some nice flavored ice cream(with tasty m&m's on top).

• Hello there and welcome! I'll try to answer all your questions:

1) The server is located in Frankfurt, Germany
    2) Do you mean a multiplayer ID? It should randomly generate one for you when you enter the multiplayer screen for the first time, no sign up needed
    3) Yes, this is a RP server. On Planet Manhatten and Planet Crossfire you can buy RP licenses (there are Pirate, Cop, Smuggler and Merc licenses) that add a little coloured diamond over your ship to identify your RP. Also if you join a clan, you must add their tags to your character name, making your RP visible through chat too!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Yes , since 50Pack already explained you everything , I will just add that you should write down your ID number , the number indicates your MP Account and in case you have to do a reinstall of your game or anything like that , that ID number will unlock your MP Account which contains your characters , so you should better write it down before clicking " Next " and creating your account.

Anyway , about being careful and getting up to speed with the rules, clans and such , you can find the info here: http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com.

Welcome to CF and I hope you enjoy it.

• Great! Welcome to Crossfire!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!