Pirate VS Police

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Spiky-.

• Another Great fight between pirate and police tonight at Tarsus and Nephele. Everyone was honorable and great fighters. I only have one request for all the fighters, please no dock killing. Allow the player to have full control of his or her ship before engaging. It's like being mugged in a dark corner with your hands in your pocket. Be fair is the key word. Thank you all for a great fight. Special thanks to OP for the awesome game.

(\__/)
    (='.'=# This is Bunny# Copy and paste bunny into your
    #" #_#" # signature to help him gain world domination#
    [AS]Demonic Pay or Die

attachment.php?aid=709

• We can do anything in our systems.. If you dont wanna be dockraped or something, start battles outside clansystems..
    Anyways, gf Nomands ;P

• We can do anything in our systems.. If you dont wanna be dockraped or something, start battles outside clansystems.. Anyways, gf Nomands ;P

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Dino. Within the Clansystem its legitim to spawnkill. Even its more the prevered action of the weaker ones

Clansystems

Clans will have the right to buy own systems. These clans will have the right to set own rules for their systems. This means if they want to Spawnkill in their system then they are allowed to. The System Rules can be found on the Crossfire Forum. Serverrules

BUT, the clanmembers performing such actions might consider that such behaviour might get into conflict with the following part of the rules

Do NOT drive Players off the Server

You must not deliberately target a player and harass them through words or actions until they leave the server. This includes clans using Kill on Sight (KoS). KoS should be limited in either duration or until specific conditions are met. The limit should be set proportionally to the ‘crimes’ committed against the clan. Clans may be asked to justify their use of KoS to Server Police. reference

either way you pick, its your choice.

Invaders should also get the chance to leave the system, if they show/tell, that they were mistaken and just want to get out.

Dockraping is NOT an action to be performed, to keep the player within the 'forbidden' system just to get frags or push the own Ego.

If you catch an player inside a clan system, you might not show your power or strenght, with Dockrape-action.

If you can just kill the opponent, while he is not able to defend themself, or does not have fully control over his aircraft vehicle, then you should get some practice frist and then engaging your opponent.

In other words: Driving players off the server during dockrapes and ignoring the fact that he might just wanna leave the system (but you dont let him with your action) can still get you in trouble, even you are right in the first place.

just dont overdue your performed action.

Dockrape is a kind of punishment, since the opponent wont get a chance to leave while you are parking outside, just waiting for him to appear.

Punishment should be bounded on an previous action and staying in an acceptable relation to it.

Means, player docks in a clansystem, you catch him.. you find his hiding spot, he comes out and you kill him.. he might get killed 2 or 3 times.. but not 20 or 30 times just to push your fragrate or your ego, cause you have a bad day

Even you are right in your action, because its the own system the things happen, you can still turn into wrong quite fast, if you are not aware of some points.

• I agree totally

Never leav an enemy with NO CHANCE of escape. The greatest battles have been lost by armies leaving the enemy no escape route.

When undocking, there is a noticeable time period when shields are not available... I normally make sure I am at least 1K away and shields are up, then I count to 3 and then engage.

Unfortunately the same treatment has not been given to me from time to time, BUT it has paid off in the fact that I don't know of any single person that is 'Nasty' to me in game.

Some pirates (names withheld to protect the guilty) have even given me a 'Catch you later...I see you are busy' farewell wave.

I personally think all the players are real decent people but sometimes are overstressed, or have the wrong idea about others and lash out and strike without thinking through first.

I live by a quote. 'Do unto others as you want done unto yourself.'

Fight and play fair even if it cost you some money and a few frags. In the end, the moral satisfaction and ease when you can enter any situation, pays off.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• It's an honorable thing not to spawnkill ANYWHERE

This is not a war, it's a game

but then again I can't seem to find much people with those sorts of characteristics on CF nowadays

Fleet Captain Spiky / WL