Help removing 1.7

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DC_Hägar.

• I have recently downloaded V1.8 but when I try to turn off V1.7 the bar completes to about 50% quite quickly then slows down alot and then freezes altogether.

would uninstalling it via the programs and features control panel option have the same effect or would it be best to uninstall FL altogether and then activate V1.8?

Would using V1.4 of the mod manager work better then switch back to 1.3 to activate 1.8?

Finally, if there is going to be V1.9 would it be really too much to ask that an option be inplemented so we can switch the NPC use of nanobots and shield generators to extra health for NPCs instead?

I can't tell you how infuriating it is spending 5 or so minutes getting one enemies health down really low only for him to quickly change direction and by the time he's back in my sight he's back to full health and have to repeat it 3 or 4 times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• I've been following the guide but when I try to activate 1.8 I get this message.

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition' Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')

Any more help would be appreciated

• please check that u run everything as administrator...
    did u remove any read only attributes from the FL path?

General - DC commanding staff member & DC Truchsess
    DC Website: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…hp?page=Board&boardID=413

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

--
    Karl Marx: To do is to be!
    Lenin: To be is to do!
    Freddie Mercury: Doo be doo be doo!
    --
    RPG: Es gibt keinen Alkohol in Mittelerde! -> Mist!
    --
    I heard that's me having a beer (^^):
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• At first I thought it might have been something to do with needing admin allowance because FL was installed in the 'Program files' folder so I reinstalled it in a different folder and changed the setting in FLMM.

Now when I try to activate the mod my anti virus flags it up as a trojan, the file it flags is the same file that causes the problem in FLMM.

• if u downloaded from this site, there is no trojan or virus in the installation. what u get is ur AV giving a false positive. put the FL/CF installation into the "ignore" list of ur AV, please.

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \

• I've got around the issue of the supposed virus but whenever I try activating the mod I either get the message

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition' Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.81\EXE\Freelancer.exe' to 'C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe')

If I try to activate it in safe mode it gets further along when activating but it I get this message...

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 1.81 Client Edition' Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Users\Simon\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn.flmmbak' to 'C:\Users\Simon\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Data\Missions\M01A\m01a_01.thn')

I'm starting to get pretty annoyed with this now [3]

• sorry, but following the installation instructions from the guide to the letter and checking forr the necessary rights to that installation path did help to install the game and mod in the past.
    i do not know what is wrong with ur installation. obviously it prevents something from being copied to a place. maybe u can try a different path?

(\__/)

--
    --
    --
    ..... O
    LI² \ ' /
    ..... ^
    ..... / \