E12 > FIXED > New Problem = Help needed^^

There are 5 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by I am D.

• I had E12 before and tried changing the read-only settings but they kept getting reversed back. I then did a clean install according too the CF Guide. This did not fix the E12 problem, so I decided too restore the restore point before I got this E12 error problem. So this fixed it and the files started downloading for that initial patching process. When I tried to launch MP once it became an option, it told me that it had a "Failure too create empty document" I am very tired right now so not going too have time too check soon.. going too try another restore point is what I am thinking.. but if anyone here can fix my problem at the point I am in, then I might not need too go further back.

I am way too tired too type up any of my specs and as for firewalls I do have one going however it has been on for long time and I could I suppose mess with it again tomorrow... but it is AVG free and hasn't given me trouble before. Win XP btw..

Anyway I am going too smoke my sleep cigooretta annnd pass out! Hopefully I will be in space by Tuesday night!

Thank you for reading and for helping if you do so! :D

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

Mainly known by Derenus, Derrail, I-am-D. My name in use is Derrail.

• Failure to create a Document is maby the initial creation of the My Documents/My Games/Freelancer files like the user folders. If so, maybe your admin rights are not proper there.

Dunno, also, if you still have your old CF MY Documents Folder, try to copy it there and give access rights to the files.

Click the image above to visit us.

• What I would try doing is uninstall it completely, go through and remove all files related to FL and run a file/registry cleaner tool from a program such as Ccleaner (Website here: http://www.speedtest.net/) or some other file/registry cleaner if you already have one you use.

• For a "side question" could restoring further back in my restore points be a good thing, if it came down too some setting? Since it worked before and I remember doing something with some sort of setting before these problems started. I had also deleted some reg keys for Half Life, which the point before is where I had restored too.

Thank you Kalisie and Daywalker!

I am Death, Direction, Destruction, Defiance.... *static and then loss of signal*

• A further restore point might help, but restoring to an older point doesnt always return certain settings back to the way they were, and you'll actually end up causing more harm to your harddrive due to file corruption if you restore too far back (I made that mistake once, and still regret doing it)

• I thought such could occur, thank you for the warning.