The fate of my best friend's account, Wayne_Arkane

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Ryleous Arkane (SA_ORION).

• To whom it may concern, I have learned through my best IRL friend, (screenname Wayne_Arkane) last night that his account was banned for apparently no reason. I am assuming that this was most likely just merely a simple misunderstanding with someone or error on part of the server's scripts or something as he is on a slow connection.(kick ban for high ping?)

FWIW he's a very poor typer, usually pretty solitary(except that he's typically with me when we're both on) and withdrawn from interacting with people on the server. He merely just loves exploring all the in-game solar systems, getting a good ship, killing NPCs, getting some good gear and he's not much for RP, he usually keeps to himself and wants to be left alone.

So with that said, I apologize on his behalf if his actions have broken some rule(s) on the server, he doesn't check these forums and doesn't keep up too much on the mod like I do. If this is just merely a simple misunderstanding or error on part of the server would you SWAT_OP, if it's not too much to ask, or someone with the mod powers to please unban him at your earliest possible convenience? If there is a problem that means he will not get unbanned please let me know so we can try to resolve this issue as we both enjoy playing together on this server and would like to continue doing so. Thanks in advance for any help and assistance!

• Ahoy Ryleous Arkane,

your alter ego name told me that you maybe have something to do with Wayne.
    Although he is not a very joyously typer I at least would get a reply if i try to talk to him. At least a hello or hi would have told me that he is able to communicate and understand my inquiries.

His connection was very bad and affected the game so missiles stopped working and the server produced lag to a bunch of players. His ping was more than 1200 and at highest rates more than 1600 (at my observation) --> btw thats far the most i ever have seen on CF ;)

If he is solitary - why not responding to a simple inquiry - we all are no monsters - hence talking with others is part of this game and would have helped to clear the situation ;)
    There were several players who tried to contact him - with no success. Based on this two facts i decided to ban him cause we could not clear the situation with his connection and indeed he should contact a ServerPolice when we request for it.

Actually, I unbanned him - but dunno if you can help him - he should try to lower his ping rates and he should try to answer a ServerPolice. We are kind and it is our job to help players and the server ;)

So enjoy the game and (both) and I wish you much luck with exploring. But be aware cops might observe you and pirates would be after you to gather the toll (or tax) ;) --> Thats kinda RP and you need to get familiar to answer incoming requests what ever it is - otherwise you would get into more troubles as you wish...

• I hope Wayne is aware that he has to improve his connection. Huor did the ban for the whole Server because Waynes connection effected all Players.

Just a reminder for all:

Do not run any other active online Programs while playing CF. This is of course including Messengers, IRC or other Chats Torrents or other download Programs and so on.

We can´t and won´t accept single players harming all the others because of a giant ping.

Click the image above to visit us.

• Ahhh, thanks for the explanation Huor. I knew his ping was not all that great but that is pretty incredible... And very crappy ping. :( Hopefully here soon he will get his connection upgraded, as I have heard him mention it recently. As far as I know Daywalker, I don't think he uses any other programs that will cut into his bandwidth on his connection when he's on the server, I will bring that to his attention as well though.

I will relay all this information to him ASAP and try to get him to communicate with server police and others when contacted in game, even if it's pretty simplistic. Maybe I'll have to give him some typing lessons. :O:D

Anyway, thanks again for the heads up guys, I'll relay all this to Wayne Arkane. I'll see ya'll around on the server, gg and good day. 8)