World of Audio

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by supercars.

• I want to make this thread so everybody can post all sort of images of electronics connected with audio + small comment if necessary. Most of the stuff most likely would cost about second hand car.

• I still can't understand why lamp amplifiers are so valuable. They use lamps - true, they are rare - true, its analog processing (better than digital at some point) - yes, its hand made - yes, but still some of those cost $2200. Its not even powerful - those don't go beyond 10W total.

As for the speakers - i'm not quite sure what you mean - the drivers or the enclosures?

• valves m8, not lamps ;) they give a far richer, warmer and more realistic sound than transistors...believe it or not. but are far more expensive to produce high end components that anologue/digital components. but as they are "old" technology they arent very powerful. but ppl that use these amps arent after power, they are after clarity and accuracy - audiophiles.

transmision line speakers:
    the "transmission line" is the "tube" behind the speaker itself within the structure of the enclosure. its a specific lenght and volume to react positively to the apeaker cones output and extending its own frequency responce.
    example:
    traditional sealed box enclosures may need a bass, midrange and a tweeter to reproduce all frequencies efficiently and accurately. usually a 6"-8" bass, 5.25"-4" midrange and a 1"tweeter.
    transmission line speakers increase the efficiency and operating range of speakers by using the enclosure design to amplify frequencies outside of the speakers normal operating range, below a 3-6 db per octave drop off point, from as low as 50hz up to 22khz for just one 4" speaker.
    far cleaner and m ore realistic sound...hence the huge price tags - due to complexity.

• I was looking to find some more info about those drivers from the pictures, except they are supposed to be wide range drivers. All i found is name/model - Ether 6

• Dopp and PCForce are very very very rich people.

I have a normal Mercury system and it plays back very well. :)

THE FASTEST ONE

Originally posted by supercars
    Dopp and PCForce are very very very rich people.

I have a normal Mercury system and it plays back very well. :)

and why you decided that we're rich :P

• Just look at the costly equipment that you people have and make.

Such stuff we see on TV only. :)

and now on SWAT :P:D

THE FASTEST ONE