vista again

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Doc.

• hi mates

plz explain to me what u mean by changing or uninstalling my antivirus, i have not norton installed under vista

i use avast

i use Vista business (6.0, Build 6000), with DX 10 of course

m8s i really need help here because if i cant play on my laptop i wont be able to play till sp1 is out

• plz, tell us what the symptoms r? elaborate!

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,
    Until only the mountain remains.

- Li Po

• oh no I have just spent 4 days getting vista up and running on my starboard drive
    don't tell me there are issues please
    I removed norton or rather didnt install as suggested by other peeps so using avg instead also stayed with dx9
    checked the progs I did install , all worked , last thing I did was start transfering games over although I havn't run any yet

I'd better try them tomorrow :]

All those moments will be lost in time , like tears in rain . Time to die.

• norton can be set easily on vista so it makes no troubles to cf. norton is not a serious problem. it has quite enormous protection capability, which has to be set correctly in anyone's case, tuned to desires one has, but other than that, norton is good piece of software.

serious problem is a combination of newest directx and newest graphic card drivers. this can make troubles, but i did succeed in fixing them so far, so i dnt think u guys should have serious problems.

and yes, keep away from directx 10, and try not to use 100+ series of nvidia drivers, at least until for a few months more, is a general suggestion i can give u.

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po

• the symptom is that after i get into multiplayer menu and try to connect to the server (which i see being online) i just cant
    the message comes promptly that no connection can be established

it is a known issue but the only solution offered till now was the norton - avg thing if i read right

• and u dnt have norton on ur comp? what antivirus, antispyware, firewall u use?

We sit together,
    The mountain and I,

- Li Po