Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• (Quote) Are the NPCs "too" fast for you, Hellraiser ? As a by now known convinced Singleplayer, I would like to ask [SIZE=3]WHY[/SIZE] it is so damn important for Crossfire and/or SWAT as a whole, that the server is as populated as possible ? So important, that someone thiks it's necessary to start a thread that sounds a bit like a "recruiting apell" of the army.
  • (Quote) Quite the opposite, if handeled well. Perhaps don't think of it as a WIKIpedia then kind of a LEXIpedia, where SOME information is given and shown, but not everything, especially nothing else about solutions for the quest, than general advise ("look carefully with your EYES for something", "talk to each and every bartender-lurker for rumors", etc.).Where someone (especially newbies and POTENTIAL newbies) can browse a bit, what Crossfire has to give to them. Some screenshots, some ship-i…
  • (Quote) Hellraiser, [SIZE=3]please accept my apology ![/SIZE] The NPCs, esp. the light fighters on the server are not only the "usual" pain in the arse, more concerned with the performance of movements of a drunken new ballet artist on speed than with trying to kill ME ( which even more sometimes kills my nerves [SIZE=1](hummh, ev. special tactics here ?)[/SIZE] ), as encountered on singleplay. They often stopp, accelerate and decelerate without any (for humans normal, for MACHINES NORMAL, only…
  • (Quote) THIS is not to argue on you, SYNKron, but a try to avoid been misunderstood. I DON'T hate the server or anybody who prefers playing on a server. You might get it from my post just the next one before your own I'm quoting from that I HAVE done, what you advise: started playing on the server and began exploring, what this multiplayerexperience is made of. Also to find out the differences between MP and SP. Furthermore, I din't know, that SP needs to be protected. All I do is putting a spo…
  • (Quote) ... more like an electrocuted amöbia in a whiskey tumbler. The number I saw about 7 min. ago was just [SIZE=3]7[/SIZE] .[SIZE=1]You see, in a way I've made up my mind.)[/SIZE] EDIT: IMPRESSION THE NEXT DAY [SIZE=1](plz look at the time of edit)[/SIZE] yesterdays counts [SIZE=1](looked up upon new logon after crashingS)[/SIZE], a personal selection between about 10.00 am and 12 pm Crossfire between 15 to 25 players HamburgServer between 50 to 70 players (maybe for some local reasons) DIS…
  • (Quote) [SIZE=4]newbies[/SIZE] keyword ?
  • (Quote)Then tell them, why it's better for their kind of gaming (mainly freelancing) to play on the server - beside having others around to ev. ask about some "spoiler info", improved roleplay, what they don't seem so interested in [SIZE=1](otherwise they would atready be on the server)[/SIZE] . That there is something to gain for them, despite the inconvenience of the rather lenghty installation procedure. (Quote)where "connect" could eventually be replaced by "play". Many people have several …
  • @ Hellraiser (Quote)"PR-language", might be good for the start on an advertisment somewhere else or on a "sticky"-thread (Quote)The kind of "advertising" DISCO-people do. Should it be the way for CF ? @ SYNKron (Quote)I referred not to change between SP and MP, which is strickingly easy, but to "mod-hopping": playing perhaps abit on the server, than changing to BigDaddy for some additional sparring before returning to the next event.Taking a "holiday" and visit some of the partialy weird system…
  • (Quote) Now [SIZE=3]THATS[/SIZE] a really bad one. OP would it be possible for you, as the one who owns this site to clear this with McAfee, that the SWAT-portal comes down of this list ? I know, that a redesign of the portal is on its way, though I don't know, if you're doing it alone or if you have put someone in charge of it. Due to this point :perhaps there coud be kind of a especially highlightened section on the portal-site, directly leading to the download, the server-site and kind of a …
  • A lot of others do. Perhaps ppl from other srever-sites, who shout it out loudly on FL-community-sites - or general modding and gaming-sites. What about a statement on mobd or starport or elsewhere like this:"Have you heard ? The server of Crossfire tries to infect your PC."Or a review by a gaming magazine:"Good game but its server is said to be infected/ive to your PC" kinda reputation
  • @ Spikey (Quote)But there are al least tens of thousands using their stuff and listen to them (McAfee) and millions voted for them ("Die Linke") Wish their would have been 1/10 of a percent of their votes for Crossfire on modb. @ Shockwave (Quote)But does the "press button-play, if no play ask a mechanik or BIN it" type know that ? At the look on many game review i.e. on amazon, there are a lot out there. All I want is to help to find out, why of actually 21802 dls of CF 1.7 and 3840 dls of CF …
  • THUMBS UP, GREAT STUFFThat's ACTION and action for Crossfire !