Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

• So you guys may have noticed I have had some issues playing STO due to crashes. I have been working on that problem with the Cryptic "support" guys for the last 2 weeks. I have to say...there is not one iota of useful information from them yet. After todays server meltdown...it looks like I have to reload the game again. NP you say?...guess what...the only way I have found to install the game with reduced crashes is to have the settings of disable on demand patching (which is SUPPOSED to DL all…
  • I will probably have to try what Rex suggested. I'm not sure how long that will take so I'll try and put it off for a few days and start figuring out what all I need to back up....arr, doing this is always a pain in the butt for me and I always seem to forget to backup something and then am bummed when I get stuff running again.
  • I use CCleaner regularly.....doesn't seem to help with this. I have messed with every setting and now it seems to run much better...but still a crash now and then. I may just live with it this way for awhile as I really hate the whole backup and reinstall thing...oh well.
  • Well, I had it running pretty good for several days then it started crashing again. I stress tested all hardware components and haven't been able to find a single error anywhere. I'll spend time now backing things up and go for a complete reinstall with step by step testing of everything in the pc. I have windows XP pro sp3 disk and shouldn't have any problems with regards to that end of things. I was also running chrome as my browser. I decided I might as well partition my HD differently anywa…
  • (Quote) Apparently...that's true only for me Anyway, it's time to do major cleaning of pc...I haven't consolidated/cleaned things up since January 2009...I suppose it was time to start having some type of issues.
  • So I did complete re-install of win xp and everything. Other than the fact that the server hasn't exactly cooperated and there are outstanding bugs in the game...I still have really oddball crashes. What's new...the cryptic error reporting actually works and I send these.....takes 20-30 mins with all the crap they want.....but still no clue why I have these crashes.I have run every diagnostic I can think of...memory (memtest 86+) Hard drive (manufactures test + several others) etc. etcI have ru…
  • Hmm....maybe then I did fix what was on my end of the crashes and the current ones are just do to the current status of the game. Hopefully the info sent back through the cryptic error reporter will help them fix some of the bugs/crashes. Now it sounds like it's not just me having crashes which was the case before I reloaded everything.
  • I don't know what they changed after yesterdays server crashes and update...but now I have only been able to get into the game 1 time, and every step I take brings up "server not responding". I've tried several times for last 24 hours and only actually got my char to load into game 1 time. All other times...I get connection timed out while trying to load character screen.....arrrrr....I really love this latest "server stability" fix.I'll be back around once the damn game lets me I looked again a…
  • Update....must just be my pc, I never did get the game to not crash pretty often. Oh well, I'll keep on keeping on and take breaks when the crashes drive me crazy again Cya in space
  • Didn't want to start a new thread.....but tried playing again today. This game hates my pc/setup/hardware/IDK. Anyway, I'll try doing a whole reload of game next week and see if it helps any....but at this point I can't join any teams, help other players or have any fun playing...so the game is a completely useless and aggravating endeavor for me. This is about my last attempt to make the game run decently on this system...and I don't see any major upgrades in my near future. Perhaps it's bette…
  • I'll get it figured out someday......but not an issue with updates, there are none for win xp Mostly it seems a problem with graphics card driver? but I have tried every driver ever released from the manufacture and from amd with this card and none help to resolve the issue. Card is Sapphire HD 4870 and has no issues with anything else I have ever played. Maybe a different graphics card would solve the issue, but that's not an option at this time.Not giving up...but giving in for now Good voyag…
  • yeah....it's 1st on the upgrade list
  • Haven't had a chance to make any progress due to wildfires in the area. I'm sitting about 5-7 miles in between six different fires and have been helping friends evacuate their neighborhoods and crossing my fingers that it will soon be over. Overall I think I'm in a pretty safe zone due to topography and such, but you never know. The Santa Anna winds are calming down and the temps should drop and get a bit of moisture back to the air so it is looking good in a day or 2 to have the worst behind. …
  • Well it seems that I have made progress as to why this was happening. Gunny suggested changes to my page file settings and it seems to have helped a lot. I haven't tested enough to know that it's completely fixed, but initial testing is promising.....now if I only had more time to play !! I should be around more often soon tho and will try to check in most evenings for at least short sessions. Cya's all in space