Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• Hey guys/girls.I’ve scanned the FAQ but no luck there.I uninstalled my old FL and did a fresh install, I run the Crossfire application but 2/3 through I get an unending run of ‘this existing file is marked as read only. I hit retry and it seems to fix it but then I get the next one. I’ve been rapid mouse clicking for 5 minutes now trying to get through it.I must have done something silly here somewhere. Anyone know what it was?
  • Yup, I uninstalled the old version in case there were going to be any conflicts with an old rebalance mod I was playing. Then downloaded from abandonware games and reinstalled.In the end I just had a cup of coffee and kept hitting retry over and over again. Seems to have worked so far.Damn hard game though, I traded around until I had 1.5mil credits while still in early stages of the SP campaign in Liberty, purchased the best ship and gear available this early and still get killed in 10 seconds …
  • Thanks mate, I’ll give that a go. I was trying to use a heavy defender, it wasn’t going well
  • Thanks for all the help everyone. One last question, is there a specific tutorial for this mod.I can’t find access to custodian anywhere. I’ve seen maps with it labeled but I’ve now purchased a deep scanner and criss crossed the entire are without it appearing. I’ve now also restarted 6 times are being jumped by pirates along a tunnel and dying in 10 seconds. there seems to be an unusually high barrier to entry for this mod, maybe it’s not one just to play and enjoy?
  • Everything except where custodian is I can see it’s meant to be near Rochester base, but it’s not there when I search the area.If going to this one area is necessary to have any chance of surviving, maybe this is not the mod for me. I’m just here to have fun, I’m not interested in becoming the best dog fighting champion in the state.
  • Ok, so I finally sorted it. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Last time I had to ‘retry’ a heap of files. This time I made the entire freelancer folder able to be overwritten.Viola! The custodian jump gate appeared and, oh my, the visuals are amazing in this mod. Here I was thinking there were a few touch ups but that’s it. Everything from space to the lasers to the stores on planets has been done up. Wow, just wow. Thanks everyone for your advice, I get to put it into action now
  • and now that I’ve saved up my 1.8 million credits, the jump gate has vanished again.sorry ladies and gentlemen, I hope you all have fun but I’ve had enough.off to find another mod