Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• Net Neutrality

I wanted to avoid any political stuff on the forum but this one is important and its actually not a right vs left matter. Its about whats right and whats wrong. In just about 4 days one decision could screw your daily life on the internet not only in the USA but also in other countries.In my country a few years ago we also had a similar proposal from the ISPs but since we have a much better customer protection this proposal ended where it belongs... in the garbage. The deal is that companies an…
  • Net Neutrality

To be honest I have little hope for a country which approves child molesters and rapists as political candidates.But that is a different story.
  • Net Neutrality

• Net Neutrality

• Net Neutrality

Quote from http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/14/politics/net-neutrality-latest/index.html: “” Quote from http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/14/politics/net-neutrality-latest/index.html: “Net neutrality was repealed: The FCC voted to end rules that were put in place to keep the internet open and fair.” Quote from http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/14/politics/net-neutrality-latest/index.html: “What that means: Those rules prevented internet service providers from playing favorites by speeding up or slowing…
  • youtube.com/watch?v=AdANAZ-bk44 (Quote)I know it, I know it.... there are way too many lines and arrows in it. Really.
  • Well this government regulation (net neutrality) means that nobody is allowed to regulate your access to the internet. Not ISPs, not even the government.Its a regulation without negative consequences, loopholes, backdoors... etc. If you want to know how the internet is without net neutrality then take a look at spain. Why is net neutrality important? Look to Portugal and Spain to understand — Quartz Oh and this might be just my personal oppinion but... not to care is like an open invitation to …
  • Trump is a racist and "we" call chinese alot of things (like "yellows" -> a racist comment by Trump). I couldnt resist to put two counter arguements into one sentence.I consider your comparison of the mexican border wall and the great wall in china completely misplaced for many many reasons. The most important of them is that no living chinese today is responsible for the shit that happend centuries ago. The people that were responsible are long dead and I am not blaming currently living chines…
  • Sorry but I really doubt you understand what Net Neutrality is meant to be and also who does the lobby work.And yes, I would blame Trump and Republicans because they do exactly what their donors request. It was Trump who appointed Ajit Pai as head of the FCC -> a guy who has been lawyer for Verizon before -> a company which violated the Net Neutraliy in 2017 by throttling netflix and youtube + has spent more than 10 mio$ for lobbying.With other words the ISP bribed the current government and go…
  • It is true. Before 2015 there was no net neutrality.So whats different?In the 16 years back to 1999 the government and FCC have tried to protect consumers and companies individually. That worked for some time... but lets take a look at how the internet has changed.Streaming didnt exist back then.There was no big difference in connection speeds (putting aside dsl vs dial ups).Today every smartphone, every TV, every PC is connected to the internet... the traffic back then was tiny compared to tod…
  • (Quote from Portalearth) 1. I am not taking my information from main stream media.2. I am no big fan of Merkel or Clinton. So please stop refering to such a bullshit.3. The same amount of job growth already existed in 2016 when Obama was still president. So I wouldnt really believe that this is Trumps achievement. In fact until the end of December 2017 Trump didnt sign a bill that has lead to a massive growth of jobs. And the CEOs of the biggest companies have already said that they wont use th…
  • Net Neutrality